Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CC Approval - Do I get my score?

tag
erinlobster

New CC Approval - Do I get my score?

Good morning all,

I recently applied, and was approved for, a Chase Freedom card! I received it in the mail yesterday, and I have a random question...

I thought that when you applied for a card, and a lender pulled your credit, they provided you with your score? Awhile back, I applied for a CLI from AmEx and was denied, and in the paperwork explaining why, they sent me my credit score. I sifted through all the papers that came with my new Freedom card and the score wasn't there. Do they only provide the score if you're denied for something? Would they provide it to me if I called and asked?

Thanks for your help; I love these forums!!

5/23/13: EQ FICO 701, TU 826, EXP 746 (Vantage) /// Gardening for my diamond spade - no apps until 7/1/15!!
18k21k17k2.1k1.3k1.4k1.4k4.1k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Re: New CC Approval - Do I get my score?

I think they only provide you your score if you are denied or are not offered the best interest rate available for that product.  I may be forgetting one other reason they provide it.  Otherwise, they don't.

What interest rate did you get on your Freedom?  If you didn't get the 13.99% APR, I would call customer service or the recon line and politely state that you just opened a Freedom card account and was given xxx APR and you were wondering if they could provide you with the credit score they pulled.

Message 2 of 5
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@erinlobster wrote:

Good morning all,

I recently applied, and was approved for, a Chase Freedom card! I received it in the mail yesterday, and I have a random question...

I thought that when you applied for a card, and a lender pulled your credit, they provided you with your score? Awhile back, I applied for a CLI from AmEx and was denied, and in the paperwork explaining why, they sent me my credit score. I sifted through all the papers that came with my new Freedom card and the score wasn't there. Do they only provide the score if you're denied for something? Would they provide it to me if I called and asked?

Thanks for your help; I love these forums!!

I've never been given  a score after an approval.  I've gotten it once or twice in a denial letter, but not consistently. 

Message 3 of 5
erinlobster

I got the 13.99% - which I'm more than happy with! Just figured I'd take the opportunity to see my score if it was available - thanks!

5/23/13: EQ FICO 701, TU 826, EXP 746 (Vantage) /// Gardening for my diamond spade - no apps until 7/1/15!!
18k21k17k2.1k1.3k1.4k1.4k4.1k
Message 4 of 5
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@erinlobster wrote:

I got the 13.99% - which I'm more than happy with! Just figured I'd take the opportunity to see my score if it was available - thanks!

Congrats!  I applied for a couple cards a couple weeks ago and had gotten the best rates offered and asked for my scores and was told to contact the credit bureau.  Chase may provide it to you if you call and ask, but I'm thinking not in this case.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.