Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Rocks!

tag
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Nordstrom Rocks!

So Im cleaning out my files one evening, and decide to call my Nordstrom card to see if I could get an increase. Had their store card for about a year, and always paid my bills in full every time, ON TIME. Never missed a payment.

So, I call and the lady (who was probably one of the nicest customer service reps I've talked too in a while) asked me a few questions, then asked how much I wanted. I said, well my current limit is 500, what about 1000? She said, are you sure? I said yeah, I don't want to be greedy. She came back in less than a minute and said, ok, you're approved. I was like, WOW, that was quick!

Then, I said, well I'm just curious...how is the Nordstrom visa different. She explained how it was different, and after about another 2 minutes of conversation, she came back and said, Congrats! You've been approved for the Nordstrom Visa with a 5000 limit. 

WOW!!!! So happy right now. Nordstrom rocks. And it pays to pay your bills on time. I never overspend (or at least try...at Nordstrom) and pay my bills on time. 

Just had to share the good news. 

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Rocks!

So $500 store to $5,000 Visa after about a year? Awesome. Congratulations. Have you done much Nordstrom spending? Other people have reported lots of Nordstrom usage supposedly makes a big difference. Do you know if they did a new pull or just used internal information (or previous softs)?
Message 2 of 25
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Thanks.

Yep, From a $500 store card to a $5000 visa in about a year. 

No, I havent done much shopping.  I only shop about once a month, and when I do, it's under $200 each time.

They did a soft pull, so it didn't hurt my credit at all.

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734

Message 3 of 25
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Love shopping at Nordstrom and congrats !!

Message 4 of 25
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Congrats that awesome!! I don't have a Nordie's card but i LOVE to shop there..

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 25
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

A $4500 increase rocks.  Are you keeping both cards or did you do a product change?

Very berry niceSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 6 of 25
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Thanks justdoit! The visa will replace the store card. This also helps my credit by not showing up as a new account. It will be the same account, just upgraded.

Message 7 of 25
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Congrats!!!!!! I applied for a nordstrom visa but got denied.... I asked if they will consider me for regular store card and the CSR placed me on hold for a long time and she then said I'm gonna need to go to the store and show my license and then, they will check my application again... she said it won't be another pull since they already have my app on file.... do i have a shot on gettin approve???? I don't wanna be shut down in the store...

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 8 of 25
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@MissExcellentCredit wrote:

Thanks justdoit! The visa will replace the store card. This also helps my credit by not showing up as a new account. It will be the same account, just upgraded.

Can you confirm they didn't add new account and just upgraded old card on credit report (ie check credit report)?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 25
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Very impressive indeed! Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.