Frequent Contributor
mauwow0682

Nordstroms approved

I actually was approved a couple weeks ago over the phone. Applied online and got a letter saying I was denied because they couldn't verify info. So I called and was approved 1K store card.

Eventually I want to get the upgrade to visa sig and I need some advice on how to best use this card? Spend heavy or buy a few things per month and PIF?

I do most of my damage at the anniversary sale and coupled with the fact I live in Oregon and don't pay sales tax I make out with a lot of stuff.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Nordstroms approved

mauwow0682 wrote:
I actually was approved a couple weeks ago over the phone. Applied online and got a letter saying I was denied because they couldn't verify info. So I called and was approved 1K store card.

Eventually I want to get the upgrade to visa sig and I need some advice on how to best use this card? Spend heavy or buy a few things per month and PIF?

I do most of my damage at the anniversary sale and coupled with the fact I live in Oregon and don't pay sales tax I make out with a lot of stuff.

Congrats there was a thread this morning about the big sale 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

Congrats on your new card!

I spend heavily and PIF on my Nordstrom card.  I started with a $1K limit in 2008 and after discovering this forum last year, decided to contact them about the signature card. They said my limit has to be at least $5K before I can upgrade to siggy.  So at that time they raised my limit to $2500. 

I am going to contact them again soon (maybe even today) to see about getting it raised again.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 699 (myFICO) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

09Lexie

They like heavy usage. You don't have to PIF but it can't hurt. You have to wait until your 7 mo to request a Cli /upgrade.
Frequent Contributor
RSCo

mauwow0682 wrote:

yeah.. they have some kid of strange system in place... i apped online, received the 7 day message.. I called and verified identify info and said they would mail me what they need.. they sent me a letter asking for me to verify my identity by sending in a bill and copy of my license.. I did and sent them a copy of my passport even.. STILL after all of that, they come back and say they can't verify my identity.. even after calling them.. of all my cards, see siggy, i've never had that happen.. i'm just a boring white guy with a boring name with no special credit file flags and I'm not a jr or a sr... still to this day, they never approved me..  It's nuts.. I was furious..

Citi Hilton Honors: $25,000 -- Amex PRG: $NPSL -- Citi TY Premier World: $9,880 -- NWFCU: $7,500 -- Citi Home Depot: $7,000 -- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Visa Sig: $5,000 -- Visa Black Card: $5,000 -- Discover IT: $5,000 -- AmexTrueEarnings: $5,000 -- Amex Gold Delta: $4,500 -- Pottery Barn: $4,000 -- Ethan AllenGE: $4000 -- Chase Slate: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- AmazonGE: $2,200 -- Barclays BJs: $1,800 -- WalmartGE: $1,500 -- PenFed LOC: $500
Super Contributor
enharu

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

Yay yeah! $1K is the initial CL they tend to give, which is okay since VISA Signature will be offered as time comes.

$600$800$1,000$500(AU) $2,500
EQ FICO---, EX FICO---, TU FICO---, AAOA 5 months, Utilization 70%, No delinquencies of any sort.
Inquiries on EQ: 19, Inquires on EX: 30, Inquiries on TU: 21, Gardening Since 06-25-14
Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

Congrats!

Mega Contributor
LS2982

mauwow0682 wrote:

CONGRATS!!! :smileyhappy:

Best way to move up is to charge charge charge and PIF. 

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
mauwow0682

Charging won't be an issue 😃. I'm a shoe man. Last years at the anniversary sale I walked out with 10+ pairs is shoes.

I got more shoes than the GF. In fact I've turned her into a shoeholic.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+