OMG DISCOVER MOTIVA APPROVED!!!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG DISCOVER MOTIVA APPROVED!!!

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
What's your aaoa? Util?

You should prob wait six months.

Meh Citi always denied me too. Simplicity looks faaaantastic, but they seem like bas---rds. LOL

AAoA is currently at 6 months due to a recent app spree...LOL. My util is around...52%...20%, 5% and 1% lol. yes I have a balance on 4 cards but no interest. Paying off two furniture purchases and regular monthly debt on the other two. About to pay off 2 credit cards when the balance posts Smiley Very Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 21 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ohhh... But what's your overal util? (total cc bals/total credit lines)

Yeah... Get your aaoa to at least a year.

Honestly, citi just doesn't seem worth it but keep trying if you want it!! Credit goals are great to have!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

If you have installment history, that helps too. Also, citi is NOT good with recons if you haven't already come across that issue
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 23 of 40
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

If you have installment history, that helps too. Also, citi is NOT good with recons if you haven't already come across that issue

I reconned Citi once but I had accidently applied to their student forward card (not currently a student)...told to apply again so I did and got hit with the too many apps in system message. LOL.

Message 24 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ohh.. but they couldn't fix it for you?

Again... Sounds like baaaad customer service missy ... lol
Message 25 of 40
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

OMG NO! Those buttholes told me I had to reapply for the regular card to be reconsidered after two reconn attempts...ugh. Thats when I got hit with the message! Stupid citi but I still want the card b/c its been the hardest one for me to get! LOL

Message 26 of 40
afjock21
Valued Member

Instant approval! Idk like CL yet, but Im so amazed!!!

I got 0% for 15 mos on purchases and transfers!!!!! Wooowwwww!!!!!!

Ive spent years building my credit to get this!!! Bout to try to find the approval line number to find credit line!!!!

You guys have helped me so much!!

YEAH!!!!! That's what I'm TALKIN BOUT!!!!!!! Discover YEAAAAAA.. HELL YEA

Message 27 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks Afjock! Lol Yeah... That's how I feel about the Amex BCE, maidengirl!!! I want it because they make it so hard to get... Stupid human nature! Lol!!
Message 28 of 40
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

What's the difference between motiva and more?

MOTIVA automatically signs you up for cashback rewards. And you get it for ALL purchases...vs Discover More where you have to sign up for each quarter and cashback is only valid for selected catagories for that quarter. I should've apped for MOTIVA. LOL

No, Discover More also gives you cashback on all purchases. They both have the same reward structure in that you get 0.25% cash back on your first $3,000 of purchases and all Walmart purchases, and up to 1% back after that. The only real difference is that More gives you 5% cashback on rotating categories, while Motiva gives you 5% cash back on interest when you pay your bill on time.

Motiva is only appealing if you're planning to pay interest often.

Message 29 of 40
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

WOOT WOOT!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.