Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG DISCOVER MOTIVA APPROVED!!!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: OMG DISCOVER MOTIVA APPROVED!!!

I'm not planning to pay any interest.

Pretty sure I can sign up for the 5% cashback too...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 31 of 40
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I'm not planning to pay any interest.

Pretty sure I can sign up for the 5% cashback too...

Sorry, but according to the Motiva FAQ, the only way to earn 5% back with the Motiva card is through ShopDiscover and through the Pay-On-Time bonus when you are charged interest.

What is the 5% Pay-On-Time Bonus®?

Pay-On-Time Bonus® is a type of Cashback Bonus® that you earn for making your payments on time. Each time you pay at least the Minimum Payment Due by the Payment Due Date, you'll earn 5% of your interest charges as a Cashback Bonus. If your payment is late, you pay less than the Minimum Payment Due (or make no payment at all), or your payment is returned unpaid, you will not earn a Pay-On-Time Bonus. The amount of your Pay-On-Time Bonus will be included on your statement in the Cashback Bonus Summary section, along with any Cashback Bonus you may have earned on purchases.

Are there other ways I can earn Cashback Bonus?

In addition to your Pay-On-Time Bonus®, you can earn Cashback Bonus® by using your Discover® Motiva cardSM for all your purchases.

You can earn 5% to 20% Cashback Bonus at top online retailers through our exclusive online shopping mall.

Get up to 1% Cashback Bonus on all of your purchases.

As far as I can tell, if you pay no interest, you don't get the 5% Pay-On-Time bonus. However, you may still be able to product-change to the More or It card if you decide you want the 5% quarterly bonus categories.

Message 32 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Eh... That's okay with me. Lol You didnt have to c&p that I'm quite aware of the terms of my account...
Either way, you can't beat the 15 mos 0% on purchs and xfers!!!! Main features that have potential use for myself!!!!

Btw, Iike my Freedom better for cashback as I can get 1% no matter what.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 33 of 40
Mellon
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval

Message 34 of 40
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Discover is a great card to carry in your wallet!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 35 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks webhopper!!!
Message 36 of 40
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

@ youngandcreditwrthy. So they approved you with a freeze on your credit reports? I just read a previous tread that you was approved for a AmEX card today with the freeze on your reports.

Message 37 of 40
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 38 of 40
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval.  I want this card tooSmiley Tongue

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 39 of 40
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Instant approval! Idk like CL yet, but Im so amazed!!!

I got 0% for 15 mos on purchases and transfers!!!!! Wooowwwww!!!!!!

Ive spent years building my credit to get this!!! Bout to try to find the approval line number to find credit line!!!!

You guys have helped me so much!!

Oh my, I felt something tingling up my leg while thinking about Discover CardSmiley Surprised.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.