cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

I think the "off" comments weren't directed at you but at the creditcards.com site, in that it is promoting Amex heavily rather than giving a wider range of applicable options (at least for some).  Looks to me that all the comments about you were (deservedly) very positive!

Message 31 of 37
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Re: OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

@bs6054 wrote:

I think the "off" comments weren't directed at you but at the creditcards.com site, in that it is promoting Amex heavily rather than giving a wider range of applicable options (at least for some).  Looks to me that all the comments about you were (deservedly) very positive!

+1

Message 32 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 33 of 37
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Thnak you so much for your insight. I really hope I was misreading...I can see how it might have been directed at the CC site.  I am still pinching myself so could see why such an "outside the norm" story might make one wonder, but I've worked SO hard for my credit to get better and am really just still way too sensitive about it.  Thank you again  for your perspective.  I am sorry if I offended anyone, and I really am grateful for all the congrats. It's been a long day.  My head is till spinning!

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 34 of 37
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Hmm, Well after reading stuff like this.. I am tempted to apply AMEX Platinum Card or PRG card .. my BK now 5 years old with no baddies ever since BK been recorded on my CR..   Hmm, I gotta think about this. I don't have many INQ's .. if amex approves me for one, its off to garden for a full year or maybe even longer!!    Enjoy it Lisa!

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 35 of 37
HiLine
Blogger

@bs6054 wrote:

+1

Given that the OP applied successfully through creditcards.com, any questioning of its legitimacy is very insensitive.

Message 36 of 37
noobody
Established Contributor

congrates

so the AX CO was never paid, correct?

do they backdate your account?

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.