Valued Contributor
bs6054

Re: OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

I think the "off" comments weren't directed at you but at the creditcards.com site, in that it is promoting Amex heavily rather than giving a wider range of applicable options (at least for some).  Looks to me that all the comments about you were (deservedly) very positive!

Established Contributor
Rackham94

Re: OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

bs6054 wrote:

I think the "off" comments weren't directed at you but at the creditcards.com site, in that it is promoting Amex heavily rather than giving a wider range of applicable options (at least for some).  Looks to me that all the comments about you were (deservedly) very positive!

+1

09Lexie

Frequent Contributor
LisaJ

Thnak you so much for your insight. I really hope I was misreading...I can see how it might have been directed at the CC site.  I am still pinching myself so could see why such an "outside the norm" story might make one wonder, but I've worked SO hard for my credit to get better and am really just still way too sensitive about it.  Thank you again  for your perspective.  I am sorry if I offended anyone, and I really am grateful for all the congrats. It's been a long day.  My head is till spinning!

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Contributor
SnowBowl

Hmm, Well after reading stuff like this.. I am tempted to apply AMEX Platinum Card or PRG card .. my BK now 5 years old with no baddies ever since BK been recorded on my CR..   Hmm, I gotta think about this. I don't have many INQ's .. if amex approves me for one, its off to garden for a full year or maybe even longer!!    Enjoy it Lisa!

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: MyFICO 721 Credit Karma 692 Discover IT 698 WM 698 Discover 1K merrick bank 2.9K Juniper 4.6K Apple Visa 3.2K WM $1.4K and couple of other accounts I forget off hand.
Goal Score: 740 and a Visa Siggy 5K+ CL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Blogger
HiLine

bs6054 wrote:

+1

Given that the OP applied successfully through creditcards.com, any questioning of its legitimacy is very insensitive.

Regular Contributor
noobody

congrates

so the AX CO was never paid, correct?

do they backdate your account?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+