cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh My! Approved AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $20k CL!

tag
GPMDRL
New Contributor

Re: Oh My! Approved AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $20k CL!

Yeah, something tells me a 3x increase is not in the cards. Think I might just wait a while before requesting any increase. I have some big purchases coming up, hoping to use card a lot and payoff. Hopefully they see the activity and bump me up a few $$$ on their own. No biggy if they don't though, thrilled with what I got
Message 11 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@GPMDRL wrote:
Wow. Stunned. Currently have a Cap 1 card 5 years old that I got bumped from a $500 limit to $3500 about 5 months ago. Also have a 1 year old discover with a $1750CL. Had awful credit about 6-8 years ago but cleaned up nice. Went from 620 to 770 in that time. Score now 760 after mortgage pulls and 2 other inquiries. Clean report but just those 2 cards and a paid student loan from 3 years ago on it. Less than $100 in CC debt. Just got a mortgage but that's not on report yet. Looking for a 0% interest card due to some purchased for new house coming up. Got denied by Chase for a Southwest card. I do have an AMEX Gold Biz card that I've held for 10 months and run about $7k a month on it but always pay off so I figured I'd go for the AMEX Cash Preferred hoping they'd look at my biz card history. Applied online and got the 14 day wait message yesterday. Got a call today from AMEX to verify info. They said the problem was my new address didn't show up yet so they wanted confirmation from me with security questions. Then they said they expedite my card and I'll get in 24-72 hours. I asked what credit limit would be, expecting $4-5k and secretly craving $10k. When they said $20k I was stunned!!!!! I'm amazed I got denied by chase yet that huge limit from AMEX. I'm thrilled! Definitely a fan of AMEX now!!

A Huge Congrats on the nice starting limit with Amex!!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 29
Mellon
Established Contributor

NICE!!!

Message 13 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Congrats and I would not wait for amex to bump you up, I would request your own cli at 61 days even if it's just to $40k or something (just.. lol!)

also I would call back if it's under 30 days and have a chat with chase again.... 770 with 2 LONG history cards, I don't care what the limit is... they are so .... sometimes... sigh... i hate them.... but you took the inq already and they have good bonus on that card right now... but otherwise... congrats for you to go with amex and stay away from chase' crazyness

Message 14 of 29
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

OP,

What is your income if you don't mind sharing?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 15 of 29
omfsguy
New Visitor

Lucky you!  I'm sitting here scratching my head about mine.  I have an Amex Business Gold with about a 70K limit that I will cycle about 1 million on this calendar year, clean history (not a single late) with Amex since 2001, 764 experian (which is what they pulled), utilization of around 20%, and they're only willing to give me $1K on a blue cash preferred card.  Called them and they weren't willing to budge.  I'm a little dissapointed in these guys.  

Message 16 of 29
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your great CL.....very nice and well-deserved!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 17 of 29
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Hell yeah OP!! Nothing like a huge limit approval to knock your socks off. Welcome to 5 digit limit land, treat it well!!

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 18 of 29
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

The guy said they like to see people with a $2k limit for at least 6 months before they approve.

This is wrong.   I know someone who is in her 30s.  Has one capital one card with $500 limit for 6 months.  Almost no credit history.  No Student Loan.  It's the only credit she has and was CSP approved for $5000. 

Typically based on what we've seen here.  Some people tend to love one company due to the fact that at least one of the big boys will take the chance and give the first BIG CL.  After this the rest of the creditors will sort of step back and watch how your handle the available credit. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 19 of 29
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@GPMDRL wrote:
Wow. Stunned. Currently have a Cap 1 card 5 years old that I got bumped from a $500 limit to $3500 about 5 months ago. Also have a 1 year old discover with a $1750CL. Had awful credit about 6-8 years ago but cleaned up nice. Went from 620 to 770 in that time. Score now 760 after mortgage pulls and 2 other inquiries. Clean report but just those 2 cards and a paid student loan from 3 years ago on it. Less than $100 in CC debt. Just got a mortgage but that's not on report yet. Looking for a 0% interest card due to some purchased for new house coming up. Got denied by Chase for a Southwest card. I do have an AMEX Gold Biz card that I've held for 10 months and run about $7k a month on it but always pay off so I figured I'd go for the AMEX Cash Preferred hoping they'd look at my biz card history. Applied online and got the 14 day wait message yesterday. Got a call today from AMEX to verify info. They said the problem was my new address didn't show up yet so they wanted confirmation from me with security questions. Then they said they expedite my card and I'll get in 24-72 hours. I asked what credit limit would be, expecting $4-5k and secretly craving $10k. When they said $20k I was stunned!!!!! I'm amazed I got denied by chase yet that huge limit from AMEX. I'm thrilled! Definitely a fan of AMEX now!!

A big Congrats Smiley Happy wow very nice CL

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.