cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh boy...I'm in Trouble. AMEX(2) Approved.

tag
H4LO
Established Contributor

Re: Oh boy...I'm in Trouble. AMEX(2) Approved.

I know the feeling! It felt amazing to be approved by American Express. 

I know it's silly, but growing up (I'm young.) I always thought AMEX was the cream of the crop! I had to have one! 

Congrats! Now to wait 90 days and then 3X CLI! 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 21 of 32
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Can someone please tell me what ert stands for? I have tried but can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy lol

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 22 of 32
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

? Escapee response team?

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 23 of 32
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@mountainmom wrote:
? Escapee response team?

Lol I think something like that!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 24 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 25 of 32
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

Congrats, I know you have been wanting those cards for a long time.  Hopefully, MJ and Lexie don't import anymore gators to keep an eye on you. LOL

Message 26 of 32
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Halo- Thank you!!! Yes I must admit that it's an awesome feeling, feels like I just beat the system and won the lottery!

@Necromancer- Thank you!! Yep I'm finally in with amex, now I just have to find ways to stay out of trouble. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 27 of 32
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

::edited for inserting pic::

Received a mail offer from AMEX yesterday for the first time.  I stared at it for a looong time......did not app. 

Why?  because i'm afraid of the alligators & the ERTs.  I was literally Woosaaahhing the whole day. 

After dinner.  More wooosaaahh.  About to shred the mail.  Damn it my fingers!!!  Went & applied for the Green.  Received the pending review msg.  At this point, I'm really nervous- not because of the pending review msgs...but I knew that Lexi, MJ, Focused, Irisa, and others would be all on my behind for this alerting the whole community (honest truth here- you guys really have me in check! lol). 

This morning, i received an email-  CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE NOW A MEMBER OF AMERICAN EXPRESS!!  I literally pee'd in my pants just a lil'.  Immediately went online & apped for Delta.  Instant approval at 2k!!

I'm sorry I've jumped the fence....but now my wallet is complete.  All my reports are frozen at this point, i don't need or want anymore cards in my wallet.  I'll unfreeze my report next year when i PC the Green to PRG & Delta Gold to Platinum. 

For those that may wanna know why i'm on the watchlist is because of this: From July of this year, i did an experiment...called app for AMEX until they approve me. I finally won today.

Thanks everyone.  Now i need to hide.....somewhere before the Crew arrives.

Congrats on the approvals!!  I've been looking at the green card but can't find the link that points to the preferred rewards version...care to share that link if you have available. Thx. I plan to app later next year.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 28 of 32
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Learning-  Thank you.   The "Green" and the "Preferred Rewards Green" is the same card. 

Message 29 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Actually, you can pay a lower AF and not receive the MRs.
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.