Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy upgrade finally

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old Navy upgrade finally

@CS800 wrote:

After 2 years, I finally got the upgrade message while logging on this morning to pay. Went from the store card to the VISA with a $50 in rewards to use just for upgrading.

GE is feeling generous I guess. Next hopefully I get the Discover upgrade for the wally card.

Grats on your upgrade Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Does the $50 rewards mean they gave you $50 to spend just for upgrading?

I may want to app for this card. I spent a lot at old navy and mostly just get 1% cash back or points.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 12 of 19
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Old Navy upgrade! 

I would expect that any Walmart upgrades will likely wait until after they switch from Discover to Mastercard.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 13 of 19
chan85
Established Contributor

@2011beginnings wrote:

I may want to app for this card. I spent a lot at old navy and mostly just get 1% cash back or points.

That is what it means, but it may be a targeted offer. I finally got my upgrade about a month ago and they offered me $30 in rewards if I made a purchase with the card outside of Old Navy. I never got the pop up, it was a mail offer letting me know I was eligible and to call and decline if I didn't want it.

If you shop with them alot it would probably still be worth it, they have double/triple rewards offers often and you get special coupons/discounts for having the card. I love my rewards and now that it's a visa I rack them up even quicker. 

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 14 of 19
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to get the old navy visa at the initial approval or does everyone get the store card first?

What are the double/triple rewards?

I may have to definitely app for this card.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 15 of 19
chan85
Established Contributor

@2011beginnings wrote:
Is it possible to get the old navy visa at the initial approval or does everyone get the store card first?

What are the double/triple rewards?

I may have to definitely app for this card.

You can qualify for the store card depending on your credit, but if you don't meet the qualifications you automatically get considered for the store card. 

Double/triple rewards offers are if you buy something in store, you get double/triple the credit towards your rewards points. I don't think I have seen them for outside the store purchases, but I have only had the visa card a few weeks, so maybe they are coming. So it just helps you reach certificates quicker. And you can use the certificates in all the brands, as well as use your card at all the brands (even if if is only a old navy store card)

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 16 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Great! What was your previous CL and your new VISA CL?

It was $3500, it's still $3500

Message 17 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@2011beginnings wrote:

That is what it means, but it may be a targeted offer. I finally got my upgrade about a month ago and they offered me $30 in rewards if I made a purchase with the card outside of Old Navy. I never got the pop up, it was a mail offer letting me know I was eligible and to call and decline if I didn't want it.

If you shop with them alot it would probably still be worth it, they have double/triple rewards offers often and you get special coupons/discounts for having the card. I love my rewards and now that it's a visa I rack them up even quicker. 

+1

Message 18 of 19
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Great! What was your previous CL and your new VISA CL?

It was $3500, it's still $3500

Odd. I surely thought the upgrade would follow with a credit line increase. They usually do. But congrats anyway!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.