cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omg Discover.........Apps Spree Continue.....**UPDATE"""

tag
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Re: Omg Discover.........Apps Spree Continue........

Wish you luck, but have to "advice" you the same as the others. You did a good job, now hop over to the garden and stay there. You have nice little seedlings to grow. No reason to risk anything.

I know it is tempting, esp. if you are in this forum every day. I am on the same path, but stopped after my Zync and Discover. I will both treat them well and they will treat my well also. Amexco is already "increasing" my NPSL by huge steps after 2 months according to the buttom ... so why risk anything?

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 11 of 33
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey Nicolasyud!  

Congrats on the approval!!!  I've been watching your posts.  Your journey has been interesting and successful!  Please don't fall into the trap of "app euphoria".  Straight to the garden for you.  Save your inqs for times when you really need the credit.  You've got a great group of cards to grow with... Time to start watching your FICO grow.  JMHA.  Smiley Happy. Best of Luck to you!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 12 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@shakalaka wrote:

Wish you luck, but have to "advice" you the same as the others. You did a good job, now hop over to the garden and stay there. You have nice little seedlings to grow. No reason to risk anything.

I know it is tempting, esp. if you are in this forum every day. I am on the same path, but stopped after my Zync and Discover. I will both treat them well and they will treat my well also. Amexco is already "increasing" my NPSL by huge steps after 2 months according to the buttom ... so why risk anything?

Fully agree with your advice, somewhat OT question though, what roughly did you start with on your NPSL and where are you at now?  I'm sort of tempted to play with the button myself, put through more this month than what I expected my internal limit to be so now I'm getting curious Smiley Happy.

        
Message 13 of 33
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Apps ITCHY!  Lol congrats!

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 14 of 33
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@shakalaka wrote:

Fully agree with your advice, somewhat OT question though, what roughly did you start with on your NPSL and where are you at now?  I'm sort of tempted to play with the button myself, put through more this month than what I expected my internal limit to be so now I'm getting curious Smiley Happy.

Second statement cut yesterday. When I activated the card, I had 4K right away. After a verification-three-way-call with my credit union (after an online purchase at Office Depot) on a Saturday Night, it was 5k. Yesterday morning I checked again (before the statement did post), it was 6K. Today I paid online and checked again just for fun and because I have a 3,5 week business/holiday trip to Europe next month (will have some major expenses) ... I was approved for 8K. So 100% more in 2 months. But it could be higher, but I did not try any more. Maybe over the weekend I will try 10k. Smiley Very Happy But coming from one unsecured and one secured CapOne card and a unsecured from my credit union and with only 8 months history, this is more then satisfying. And a reason to garden for me, because I want my Discover grow and app for a revolver in January (backdating Smiley Very Happy)

Oh and I had 2K on each statement so far.

Hope that helps.

Message 15 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@shakalaka wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@shakalaka wrote:

Second statement cut yesterday. When I activated the card, I had 4K right away. After a verification-three-way-call with my credit union (after an online purchase at Office Depot) on a Saturday Night, it was 5k. Yesterday morning I checked again (before the statement did post), it was 6K. Today I paid online and checked again just for fun and because I have a 3,5 week business/holiday trip to Europe next month (will have some major expenses) ... I was approved for 8K. So 100% more in 2 months. But it could be higher, but I did not try any more. Maybe over the weekend I will try 10k. Smiley Very Happy But coming from one unsecured and one secured CapOne card and a unsecured from my credit union and with only 8 months history, this is more then satisfying. And a reason to garden for me, because I want my Discover grow and app for a revolver in January (backdating Smiley Very Happy)

Oh and I had 2K on each statement so far.

Hope that helps.

Heh, thanks.  Apparently had a bit of a funsy with Amex: on the 18th they posted my payment due as 3500 and change, so I paid that, but the actual statement which got generated only was for 50ish bucks as a result of pending charges that cleared that day.  Lesson learned, wait till at least one day has passed before paying the Amex Cat Tongue

Doesn't seem to matter though other than I'm curious as to how my high balance will report; did a check spending just now, cleared for 7K where before I know I was denied for 5K when I first got the account.

        
Message 16 of 33
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Nice and I guess the limit will go up for a while, as long as we pay them on time and treat them well.

Message 17 of 33
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Okay so I called in today and guess what they approvedddddddddddddddd with a $1700 limit start but with different term 3.9 % ApR except 0% for 6 months. Hoorayyyyy now I'm in 5 for 5......that's feeling greattttttttt I love you all.....Should receive my card in about a week from today !!!!!!
Ps: I apply throu the link with $150 cash back after $1000. She said if that's the link I apply for then I should get it and only regular CSR can answer it !!!!! Do anyone had the same issue !!????
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 33
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:
Okay so I called in today and guess what they approvedddddddddddddddd with a $1700 limit start but with different term 3.9 % ApR except 0% for 6 months. Hoorayyyyy now I'm in 5 for 5......that's feeling greattttttttt I love you all.....Should receive my card in about a week from today !!!!!!
Ps: I apply throu the link with $150 cash back after $1000. She said if that's the link I apply for then I should get it and only regular CSR can answer it !!!!! Do anyone had the same issue !!????

You have to ask. If Discover revised the term they may have dropped $150 cashback offer.

Message 19 of 33
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats, now head to the garden! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.