Reply
Member
john31
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎07-03-2012
0

PenFed Approval

I finally joined PenFed, and since I knew from these boards that a credit card application wouldn't result in an additional hard pull, I also applied for a rewards card. I was approved for $7,000, which is great because I drive quite a ways to work and the 5% back on gas will certainly come in handy!

 

In case this helps others who might be considering applying:

EQ Score: 758 (July 2012)

1 year old USAA MC: $4,200 CL with 2% utilization

1 year old, 48 month auto loan

2 student loans currently in repayment

No baddies

 

 

Established Contributor
searchingfor67
Posts: 668
Registered: ‎08-02-2011
0

Re: PenFed Approval

Congrats! And thanks for sharing. Do you mind sharing your aaoa number er of inquires?

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
Member
john31
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎07-03-2012
0

Re: PenFed Approval

Thanks! Sure, my aaoa is 6 years, and I have 3 inquiries.

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: PenFed Approval


john31 wrote:

I finally joined PenFed, and since I knew from these boards that a credit card application wouldn't result in an additional hard pull, I also applied for a rewards card. I was approved for $7,000, which is great because I drive quite a ways to work and the 5% back on gas will certainly come in handy!

 

In case this helps others who might be considering applying:

EQ Score: 758 (July 2012)

1 year old USAA MC: $4,200 CL with 2% utilization

1 year old, 48 month auto loan

2 student loans currently in repayment

No baddies

 

 


CONGRATS!!!!!

 

Nice limit!!

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Crashem
Posts: 3,098
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: PenFed Approval


john31 wrote:

Thanks! Sure, my aaoa is 6 years, and I have 3 inquiries.


you had 3 inquiries on equifax or total?  If total, any idea before app how many on equifax and when they were?

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Member
john31
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎07-03-2012
0

Re: PenFed Approval

I had 3 inquiries on EQ:

Aug 9, 2011

Dec 30, 2011

Jan 12, 2012

 

Member
john31
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎07-03-2012
0

Re: PenFed Approval


LS2982 wrote:

john31 wrote:

I finally joined PenFed, and since I knew from these boards that a credit card application wouldn't result in an additional hard pull, I also applied for a rewards card. I was approved for $7,000, which is great because I drive quite a ways to work and the 5% back on gas will certainly come in handy!

 

In case this helps others who might be considering applying:

EQ Score: 758 (July 2012)

1 year old USAA MC: $4,200 CL with 2% utilization

1 year old, 48 month auto loan

2 student loans currently in repayment

No baddies

 

 


CONGRATS!!!!!

 

Nice limit!!

 


Thanks!

Valued Contributor
Crashem
Posts: 3,098
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: PenFed Approval


john31 wrote:

I had 3 inquiries on EQ:

Aug 9, 2011

Dec 30, 2011

Jan 12, 2012

 


Thanks for the info.  Congrats! Love my PenFed card too.  Make sure to spend enough for that bonus as it is pretty generous.  I do find how random the products in their reward program is.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Member
john31
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎07-03-2012
0

Re: PenFed Approval

Thanks, Crashem!

 

Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,945
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

Re: PenFed Approval

Congrats - a great card grom a great CU for sure!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+