Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved pop up for Orbitz Rewards Visa -- Comenity

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Pre-approved pop up for Orbitz Rewards Visa -- Comenity

I had to log in and fill in everything like a shopping cart trick.  So I picked a round trip ticket to Austin, Tx, with the dates, seat assignment, etc.  I listed my Hilton Amex as my preferred card for payment and then included my billing address and such.  I even added their "flight insurance" to the total and upon coming to the final checkout screen or actually before they would of charged my Amex for payment, I then got the popup for a pre approved card. 

When I accepted their offer, it brought me to another page to fill out a very short app and yes, they did HP EQ.   I was only approved for a dismal $2500. I did take screen shots of the pre-approved pop up and the approved screen. 

So there goes my fico score, meaning when I opened Ebates Sig -- they said my score was a 764 on 5/19/14 TransUnion.   Then I opened a Fuel Networks MC and now this Orbitz Rewards Visa -- my fico from EQ was listed as 701 -- ooopsie....  That's 3 cards for the month of May  :smileyembarrassed:  so goodbye 5 years AAoA too

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-approved pop up for Orbitz Rewards Visa -- Comenity

@fedxboy wrote:

So now that makes this my 6th useless Comenity major credit card.   I actually felt like Ron1 and accepted all my pop ups...lol.

Total Rewards Visa -- 3500

MyPoints Visa,          -- 2750

Sportsman Visa       -- 4000

VitaCost MC              -- 7500

Fuel Rewards MC    -- 5000

Orbitz Rewards Visa-- 2500

So in case anyone is wondering the SP popups are Vitacost MC, Sportsmanguide Visa, and MyPoints Visa and the rest are HP pre approved pop ups  -- if accepted

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 2 of 14
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I didn't get an actual pre-approval pop-up for the Orbitz card, it was just a pop-up saying apply for the new card. I have a itchy app-finger, so I took the HP and was approved for a 9k Visa Signature. I apped 4/24 and I did actually book a room, and all of the rewards points (and the bonus points for paying with the card) along with the $50 bonus for spending $200 posted to my first statement already.

FWIW, even though people have been lucky I was pre-approved for Total Rewards, and Fuel Network MC and both were HP's on EQ.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats better then a denial! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 14
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats and thanks for the info!!!

Message 6 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new card OP Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

did you set up the account yet and click the CLI?

Message 8 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats fedxboy!
Message 9 of 14
virgo
Established Contributor

I know you said these are useless but at least your not stuck with the store cards.  I am ugh.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.