tag
Carryon06

Re: Received FNBO Amex Offer- Not sure if I should bite

Thanks everyone!
Message 21 of 29
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

If you were targeted, I'd say go for it!

I was solicited repeatedly, with a slew of new accounts and inquiries as I've done some rapid account acquisitions over the last year. 4 comenity store accounts, mypoints, toysrus, ebay, CSP, Amex Blue Sky, Barclays UPromise... since November, and yet I got the FNBO Amex even when Citi says no to any CLI.
I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 22 of 29
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure about this card but I do have an Orvis Signature Visa with FNBO and their customer service is excellent. I started out with a credit line of $6,000 and within 3 months they raised to $8,150. I also like their balance transfer offers but haven't had any of those offers lately to take advantage of. All in all, there's a lot of other credit card products through FNBO that are excellent so it's really just a matter of preference. Good luck.

Message 23 of 29
bobbay
Established Contributor

@Carryon06 wrote:
ETA: I also app'd for discover in Feb (and got denied). So that would be 3 INQs. Not sure if that's too high for FNBO. Any idea?

I had 7 on exp when I accepted their pre-approval.  I called in the app.  The rep taking the app didnt mention anything about my dozen new accounts in past 12 mos or the inqs on exp.   Customer service is great.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 24 of 29
Carryon06

Update: So I just found out my CL is $3,500. Not bad since it's my highest to date! I'm not sure what my APR is but I'm hoping it falls into that "prime" category.
Message 25 of 29
Involver
Valued Contributor

@Carryon06 wrote:
Update: So I just found out my CL is $3,500. Not bad since it's my highest to date! I'm not sure what my APR is but I'm hoping it falls into that "prime" category.

It should be listed in the pre-approval you got in the mail.  

Message 26 of 29
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 27 of 29
bobbay
Established Contributor

@Carryon06 wrote:

Congrats!

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 28 of 29
alvon123
Super Contributor

@Carryon06 wrote:

congrats

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.