Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae approval - thank you all!

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Sallie Mae approval - thank you all!

Trying to get this card for about a year now and always declined....too many recent accounts/inquiries. Apped in March, a no go, called recon, nice lady said sorry too many open accounts recently wait 6 months (I feel like Creditaddict now, WHO can wait 6 months??) So I applied again last Sunday...got a strange message online, something like can't get a Barclay card now will send letter...OK so figured let it go....then looking past few days NO CREDIT PULL ... hummmm.   So today I got the number from this board again for calling recon, and read through some threads about Barclay recons, got all my ducks in a row and called again - really to understand why no credit pull. Got a REALLY friendly woman on the phone, explained to me that since I did app for it a few months ago the system auto refuses the app so no pull, so I asked how long to wait to reapply, and that I really did not want MORE credit just steal some from the other three Barclay cards I already have, explaining the SM reward structure is awesome for my everyday spend....She says I can pull your CR and let you know what we can do....DO IT (nothing to fear but fear itself) she came back with "you have ALOT of recently opened accounts" I said true, work changed airlines and I had to get different cards, I also mentioned my 30+ credit history with NO Baddies lates etc. and mentioned my iTunes card with them was over 10 years old. She asked what it was I did for a living, then said with all the inquires we really don't want to approve BUT your 30 year great credit history will allow me to approve you, we will just take credit from your iTunes card no worries sir enjoy!!!  THANK YOU myFICO forum members, reading how you guys/gals recon and to make sure you KNOW what you are talking about with the CA really helped me out!!  You all are wonderfully knowledgeable!!  Thank you all again.......I guess now I should be putting the seedling in my signature, after all there can be ONLY ONE Creditaddict!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae approval - thank you all!

CONGRATS on your Sallie Mae approval!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

I was recently approved as well...just waiting to receive it in the mail (that's the hardest part if you ask me!).

Message 3 of 12
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval!

I was recently approved as well...just waiting to receive it in the mail (that's the hardest part if you ask me!).

Thanks, and true....I have gone on the website already to see if it shows up with the other ones...but alas NOPE!!  LOL  They did, however lower my CL with the iTunes card already, so can't be long now till that Blue and White lady shows up on my account page!

Message 4 of 12
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 5 of 12
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Persistence pays off!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 6 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Trying to get this card for about a year now and always declined....too many recent accounts/inquiries. Apped in March, a no go, called recon, nice lady said sorry too many open accounts recently wait 6 months (I feel like Creditaddict now, WHO can wait 6 months??) So I applied again last Sunday...got a strange message online, something like can't get a Barclay card now will send letter...OK so figured let it go....then looking past few days NO CREDIT PULL ... hummmm.   So today I got the number from this board again for calling recon, and read through some threads about Barclay recons, got all my ducks in a row and called again - really to understand why no credit pull. Got a REALLY friendly woman on the phone, explained to me that since I did app for it a few months ago the system auto refuses the app so no pull, so I asked how long to wait to reapply, and that I really did not want MORE credit just steal some from the other three Barclay cards I already have, explaining the SM reward structure is awesome for my everyday spend....She says I can pull your CR and let you know what we can do....DO IT (nothing to fear but fear itself) she came back with "you have ALOT of recently opened accounts" I said true, work changed airlines and I had to get different cards, I also mentioned my 30+ credit history with NO Baddies lates etc. and mentioned my iTunes card with them was over 10 years old. She asked what it was I did for a living, then said with all the inquires we really don't want to approve BUT your 30 year great credit history will allow me to approve you, we will just take credit from your iTunes card no worries sir enjoy!!!  THANK YOU myFICO forum members, reading how you guys/gals recon and to make sure you KNOW what you are talking about with the CA really helped me out!!  You all are wonderfully knowledgeable!!  Thank you all again.......I guess now I should be putting the seedling in my signature, after all there can be ONLY ONE Creditaddict!!

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! on your Sallie Mae!

Message 9 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.