Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell Rocks!

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Shell Rocks!

I couldnt wait to wake up and tell you guys!! I just received my shell drive for 5 card yesterday, activated it and set up an online account and for the heck of it I ht the luv button they asked how much I wanted I said only $100 because I was scared of getting denied and then got the 7-10 message, Fast forward an hour, they emailed said they have reached a decision... boom request granted!! I know I really dont need a $300 gas card but hey nothing like seeing approved when you ask for more money. Now that I think of it I should have asked for more lol.

Have a great day Fico Fam!!

Edit: At the advice of a fellow Fico'er I asked for more and they gave me an additional $200. To a total of $500. Im good for now, I mean how much gas can I really use anyway filled up last night and it only came to $35 lol!! Might ask again around xmas time since we will be driving from NJ to NC and back. Also dropped my fico ex down 4 points but that was due to both the inquiry and new account so not that bad. Back to the garden I go and this time I can drive cuz I have a gas card!!Smiley Very Happy

Thanks everyone!

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ 571 , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ 571 TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Re: Shell Rocks!

Congrats on the Shell Gas approval I would recommend discover it they have 5% cash back.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 2 of 32
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Thank you I got approved last week this was just an approval for a credit increase which I didnt think I would get becuase the card was just activated. So i'm happy. I wish for discover but my scores

@Florida1990 wrote:

Congrats on the Shell Gas approval I would recommend discover it they have 5% cash back.

wont justify it lol. Maybe in a year Smiley Happy

UTL
Last Inq:
Message 3 of 32
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 32
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report.

Let us know if they slapped you with a HP.  Thanks and congrats!

Message 5 of 32
TheBoss
Established Member

What bureau did they pull for your app?

Message 6 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Since it's a Citi backed card I would bet 99% that they pulled TU if they pulled credit.

OP I would go back in and ask for CLI to $2k and get the full counter of what they are willing to increase you too... if they pulled credit already for your $100 request, they will use that pull for the 2nd request.

Message 7 of 32
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your Shell CLI!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 8 of 32
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report.

Let us know if they slapped you with a HP.  Thanks and congrats!

I didnt get that message, this was just for a credit increase.

Thanks!

UTL
Last Inq:
Message 9 of 32
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@TheBoss wrote:

What bureau did they pull for your app?

They pulled EX last week when I applied.

UTL
Last Inq:
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.