cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick - HSN how I got the pop up!

tag
TigerRed
Contributor

Shopping cart trick - HSN how I got the pop up!

I got a pre-approval message yesterday for the HSN card via the shopping cart trick.  I got approved for $500.  If only I can get it to work for NY&Co.  I would get more use out of that than the VS and HSN cards that I was approved for this week.  I did read this week that someone  had to go through the motions of entering their credit card number when trying the shopping cart trick at hsn's site.   So I thought I would give it a try today. I placed a $200 dollar item in my baket as well as an item costing $15 or $20. I clicked the "check out button", then selected the "check out as guest" button. I filled in all info requested and pressed continue.......and I got nothing when the next screen came up.   At this point I am supposed to look over the order one last time and click the "submit" button to finalize the order.  Of course I really didnt want the stuff . I was getting ready to empty my cart and close the page  but  decided to try something before doing so.  I originally had both items set to pay in one payment. I thought I would  break the payments out for the higher priced item by clicking on it's flexpay button.  So I clicked on the flexpay button and selected 3 flex payments....and BAM there it was! I got the pop-up ! I Just wanted to share my experience because  I did somethng a little different to get the pop up.  I am happy to have been able to get these 2 cards although I wont use them much.  I only have one other card which is a secured SDFCU Visa Platinum Rewards card.  All 2 of these cards I was able to obtain with just SP's.  My scores are already low and I didnt want to be dinged for both an hp and a new account reporting. I am glad I stuck to my guns.  I, everyday went going  back and forth on whether to apply for a fingerhut account just to have a second TL reporting to help get my credit score up. I had even decided to just have the one SDFCU card and wait till I got my score up enough to get a store card or two which of course would have taken longer with just the one TL reporting. I didnt want to get these 2 store cards but at least they are from places that I do shop at from time to time. I sure as heck didnt want to get fingerhut and pay way more for items I could get off amazon, walmart or ebay for cheaper, which was the main reason for my hesitation on fingerhut.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick - HSN how I got the pop up!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 20
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing

Congrats!

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 3 of 20
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 20
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 5 of 20
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the valuable info. I may try it myself

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 20
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

Thanks for the valuable info. I may try it myself

+1, me too!

Congrats!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 9 of 20
Scupra
Super Contributor

Be careful apping for a bunch of store cards. You don't want to end up with a bunch of toy limit cards that end up holding you back in the long run. Congrats on the approval though!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.