Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some GE Love!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Some GE Love!

So I called up GE Credit Solutuons for my Paypal Smart Connect account thinking i can get that increased a bit so i can work on building the limit back up to $2,400 and the nice rep said my account is currently not ready for an increase and to try back at a later time, didn't even ask for income information, just said my account wasn't ready for an increase. Smiley Sad

Oh well it was worth a shot, Moving on......

I called up the same Credit Solutuons number for my Walmart card the second i hung up, and got a very nice guy who i asked for $3,000 (from $2,400 to $3,000) and i gave him all my info and he placed me on hold and what seemed like an eternity (time stood still... LOL) he came back and i think he almost wasnt going to approve me or was going to say he need more time on hold cuz he was about to say something and then was like "oh i was able to approve you for $3,000 effective on your card immediately" I thanked him and we nicely ended the call.

Got lucky with Walmart at least! I guess I'll have to wait till near August to try and get an increase on Smart Connect, and by then i think i'll ask for the $2,400 right away or maybe even ask for more to shoot for the moon!!! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Some GE Love!

Message 2 of 7
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!
Message 3 of 7
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

So I called up GE Credit Solutuons for my Paypal Smart Connect account thinking i can get that increased a bit so i can work on building the limit back up to $2,400 and the nice rep said my account is currently not ready for an increase and to try back at a later time, didn't even ask for income information, just said my account wasn't ready for an increase. Smiley Sad

I called up the same Credit Solutuons number for my Walmart card the second i hung up, and got a very nice guy who i asked for $3,000 (from $2,400 to $3,000) and i gave him all my info and he placed me on hold and what seemed like an eternity (time stood still... LOL) he came back and i think he almost wasnt going to approve me or was going to say he need more time on hold cuz he was about to say something and then was like "oh i was able to approve you for $3,000 effective on your card immediately" I thanked him and we nicely ended the call.

Got lucky with Walmart at least! I guess I'll have to wait till near August to try and get an increase on Smart Connect, and by then i think i'll ask for the $2,400 right away or maybe even ask for more to shoot for the moon!!! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats...I think that the 4-month rule for GE cli's doesn't apply for PayPal SmartConnect. I have been trying to get a cli for SC since it turned 4 months and I get the same response as you...account not eligible. I will try now at 6 months and then at eight months. 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 7
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

Congrats...I think that the 4-month rule for GE cli's doesn't apply for PayPal SmartConnect. I have been trying to get a cli for SC since it turned 4 months and I get the same response as you...account not eligible. I will try now at 6 months and then at eight months. 

I got an increase on smart connect in Oct '13 for $500 and then March '13 for another 1500, (both phone automated system). 5 months apart, but I have had the acct for 3 years, perfect history with nothing.

All of my other GE accts I can get an increase at 3 months about 5 days after statement cuts.

Smart connect is the hardest, but becomes easier with a very long history.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 6 of 7
scarzy
Regular Contributor

Congrats! One day I'll get a walmart card!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.