Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no CLI! Walmart GE

tag
Target1212
Regular Contributor

Still no CLI! Walmart GE

I got my walmart card and the due date for my 4th statement was 4 days ago.. Still no CLI! I tried called about 2 - 3 weeks ago and was denied, don't know why. Ive been on time, paying it off or mostly off, my CS went up 50 points..I want more than my $300 limit, even if I wont use it! I'm waiting until this one (6 year old) CA that I owed shows its paid off, then I'll have nothing owed for them to see. What else should I do? All my CCs have a toy limit of 300 (secured Cap1 and not secured Cap1).

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Re: Still no CLI! Walmart GE

@Target1212 wrote:

I got my walmart card and the due date for my 4th statement was 4 days ago.. Still no CLI! I tried called about 2 - 3 weeks ago and was denied, don't know why. Ive been on time, paying it off or mostly off, my CS went up 50 points..I want more than my $300 limit, even if I wont use it! I'm waiting until this one (6 year old) CA that I owed shows its paid off, then I'll have nothing owed for them to see. What else should I do? All my CCs have a toy limit of 300 (secured Cap1 and not secured Cap1).

whats your fico transunion score

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 2 of 14
Target1212
Regular Contributor

657....not the best but was only 605 when I got it!

Message 3 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Did you call their backdoor #?

Message 4 of 14
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Increase your secured cap one to 1000, for you to decrease the risk with them..

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 5 of 14
Target1212
Regular Contributor

Ok, I can increase my cap1 secured. I have tried the backdoor # but that was before my 4th statement was due

Message 6 of 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

was it a number that got you directly to an under writer?

before i greatly increased my util, i called them before my 4th statement. 

went 800-3k-5k

opened the card 7/28/12 and increases were both in october. (so before 3 statements) and i actually had never generated a statement. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm not sure I would increase the secured Capital One... They have been doing well lately with President Office E-mail for CLI and what not, but putting in the time and money for secured with them would not be my first choice!  But besides that... GE can be little weird at first, some have gotten Auto CLI in 2-4 months, I have found I was not able to get any until 4-6 months... and these days you don't need to call in to "The Backdoor" you can simply ask a regular CSR to transfer you for a "Manual CLI Review"  They pull a SP on spot to do review... Even though GE gives you a TU monthly, they don't take a SP Score and Report for the purpose of CLI every month (Little confusing/weird to me) but none the less, when you do CLI on automated phone or front line CSR I have seen as much as 90 day old SP in denial letter being sent to me.

Message 8 of 14
Target1212
Regular Contributor

Yes, I had gotten a denial letter in the mail with my credit score from oct!   I will call and ask for a manual review I did not ask for that. 

Message 9 of 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I think that for better results you should apply as soon as the 5th satement is available to pay online. Thats what weve done and have had success Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.