Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Cards - APPROVED!

tag
HappySoda
Valued Member

Re: Store Cards - APPROVED!

You didn't have to get hard pulled. You should have used the trick. Oh well. Impatience is a virtue.

Message 21 of 31
Kixforpa
Contributor

Are you guys creating accounts or no? 

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 22 of 31
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

@Dlane wrote:

What is the shopping cart trick? Iv'e tried to put stuff in the cart and went all the way to checkout but nothing is popping up. Does that mean I dont qualify?

With your scores I wouldnt try.  The alleged shopping cart trick sometimes works for the intention on getting a possible higher limit

Actually, my scores were about the same as Diane's when I tried it. So, go for it, nothing to lose. I was approved for VS and Express (these two seem to be the one's with the most popups.)

There is another thread (longer) thread, I can't find it right now, but there is more info.

Message 23 of 31
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Okay, I just searched 'shopping cart' on this board, and there are a LOT of threads on this for anyone looking for more info.

Message 24 of 31
720wannabe
Established Member

Make sure you have popups allowed in your browser preferences.  I find that firefox and chrome work better than safari.  If at first you don't succeed, clear your cache and such and start over.  Add a few items to your cart and go to check out.  Make sure your info in the shipping area matches your credit file info.  I found that all of the comenity's did a soft on my Equifax the same day I got the pop up.  If you want to try for the SG Visa, make sure you add the yearly buyers club to your cart as well as some other items.

If it works, you will see the pop-up  before you are ever asked to enter payment info.  If not, try again on another browser.  Good luck!

Starting Score: 1 EX681EQ 665 TU566
Current Score: 4/10/13 EQ Fico 666 EX764 (PLUS) TU FICO 699
Goal Score: Fico 750 EX750EQ 750 TU750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Capital One Platinum $3300 Sportsmans Guide VIsa 2200 Ann Taylor Mastercard 1500 FCCU 5500 Victorias Secret 500 One stop Plus 500 HSN 1500 Express 350

Message 25 of 31
msteele2013

What is SG Visa

Message 26 of 31
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Sportman's Guide VISA I think
Message 27 of 31
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

I always suggest  applying for store cards at the actual store.... Usually there is some sort of discount incentive for signing up. I think Victoria's Secret gave me 20% off for my purchase that day.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 28 of 31
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I always suggest  applying for store cards at the actual store.... Usually there is some sort of discount incentive for signing up. I think Victoria's Secret gave me 20% off for my purchase that day.

If it's a store branded card I would always check if it's on the shopping cart list. Save yourself a valuble HP.

Message 29 of 31
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

+10000000

Why go for an HP if you can still possibly get the card with an SP? Going into a store 100% guarantees an HP.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.