Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid new VS card

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Stupid new VS card

Like others, I have been following the threads about the new VS card upgrades.  I had a black VIP card before, & have had it for at least a couple of years, so I was expecting to receive the new black VIP card.  No.  What did I get?  The hideous pink card!  I feel like I've been downgraded for no apparent reason.

I emailed VS via their secure mail to ask what that was about.  Then I got an annoying message back that said I had to call in.  EVERY TIME I ask these people something, it's always the same thing:  "Please call us."  What the **** is the purpose of having secure mail???  Why don't you just call ME?

/rant

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Stupid new VS card

@laz98 wrote:

Like others, I have been following the threads about the new VS card upgrades.  I had a black VIP card before, & have had it for at least a couple of years, so I was expecting to receive the new black VIP card.  No.  What did I get?  The hideous pink card!  I feel like I've been downgraded for no apparent reason.

I emailed VS via their secure mail to ask what that was about.  Then I got an annoying message back that said I had to call in.  EVERY TIME I ask these people something, it's always the same thing:  "Please call us."  What the **** is the purpose of having secure mail???  Why don't you just call ME?

/rant

Will they change it back for you?? I would NOT carry around no pink card!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

I don't know, I have to call tomorrow.  I got the card on Friday, but I was so mad that I didn't want to call & take it out on some poor CSR.

I just don't see why they would do that, they just gave me a CLI on the card.  If they were going to try to get me to close the card, that seems like a dumb move.

& I was unable to find information about how the new program works, so I don't even know how long I'll be stuck with this ugly little thing!

Considering I don't spend as much there or at Bath & Body Works as I used to, I could be stuck with this for a long time Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 13
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

I think once you spend a certain amount they send the other card.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 13
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

How often do you use the card? The upgraded benefits are only applicable if you make a purchase with the card every 12 months I believe.

Either way the card numbers should be the same and the cards themselves don't expire so your old card can still be used instead of the new one.

I never switched from the pink to black because I preferred the pink, and I've never run into any issues.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

/rant

Will they change it back for you?? I would NOT carry around no pink card!!! Smiley Very Happy

Maybe some folks have that "sense" of feeling uncomfortable with (heaven forbid) carrying something pink, but I find no issue whatsoever with carrying their pink card Robot Very Happy

Message 6 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TimeToRecover wrote:

I think once you spend a certain amount they send the other card.

OP - the "Angel Benefits" and reward structure changed recently as far as the tiers for each card as there are 3 levels going forward.  And, just as others have posted, if you don't use your card enough throughout the 12-month reward period, then you really can't expect to stay at that the previous level.  So, it appears you went back to the basic tier.

The recent changes/new levels are clearly posted on the VS site: https://c.comenity.net/victoriassecret/public/Home.xhtml

Message 7 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

Pink is just not my favorite color Smiley Happy  I'm not going to die; it's just not what I was expecting.  Now that I know that I can still use my old card, I guess it doesn't matter as much.

@FinStar wrote:

OP - the "Angel Benefits" and reward structure changed recently as far as the tiers for each card as there are 3 levels going forward.  And, just as others have posted, if you don't use your card enough throughout the 12-month reward period, then you really can't expect to stay at that the previous level.  So, it appears you went back to the basic tier.

The recent changes/new levels are clearly posted on the VS site: https://c.comenity.net/victoriassecret/public/Home.xhtml

Yes, I know that the program has changed, thanks.  I knew there were different tiers now; I just overlooked that info about how to reach each tier, so thank you for pointing that out.  That's what I was missing.

I still think VS could have let cardholders know more about the program ahead of time, like how your new tier would be determined, & that you might have to start over.  I never knew that you could lose your VIP status from year to year with the previous program, so there was no reason for me to think that would change with this program.  I thought they would just go by whatever you already had.

I just used this card for Christmas, & in March for my birthday.  I feel I spend an average amount throughout the year.  It is not a sock drawer card.

Anyway, even though I apparently can't read, my complaint about their customer service still stands Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 13
KausticRage
New Contributor

Well if it makes you feel any better... the black card is still valid.  I just used yesterday and it has the same card number as the new "VIP" card.

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 9 of 13
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

/rant

LMAO!!! Well, why not?  It's called Victoria's Secret, NOT Victor's Secret... It has to be feminine Smiley Tongue

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.