Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising Auto CLI from Barclay

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Surprising Auto CLI from Barclay

I was surprised to see my CL on my Barclay's increased from 1900 to 3900 over the weekend.  This was just two weeks after i was discourage because Citi denied my CLI.  I guess that means my scores and profile are better than I might think!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Re: Surprising Auto CLI from Barclay

Congrats! Barclay's been good to me over the years with these suprises, too!

Message 2 of 18
blk8
Regular Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

I was surprised to see my CL on my Barclay's increased from 1900 to 3900 over the weekend.  This was just two weeks after i was discourage because Citi denied my CLI.  I guess that means my scores and profile are better than I might think!

How long did you have the card before the CLI ... and did you request it or was it auto? THanks!

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 3 of 18
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

I opened the card in November of 2011.  I didn't request this increase, it was auto.  I also had a previous auto CLI from Barclay for 700 in early 2012.

Message 4 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats, you must have a very low balance with them

Message 5 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 18
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Congrats, you must have a very low balance with them

Not particularly...I was over 60% util when the last statement cut on that card.  Not sure what the reasoning behind it was but I'm pretty happy

Message 8 of 18
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I would be surprised too as they never show me any love.  I read others who post they go a CLI after 6 months.  All I ever get is lacking customer service.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats on the cli!
I don't expect a CLI on mine. I just hope I don't get AA and I'm happy lol
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.