Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweet! First Discover auto-CLI!

tag
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Sweet! First Discover auto-CLI!

So I just got an email a couple hours ago while I was at work (11:50 PM Eastern).
Copy Paste Quote:
"

Congratulations! We're pleased to inform you that your outstanding credit management in the first year has earned you a credit line increase on your Discover® card.

"
I recieved a $400 increase putting my card up to $2,400 total line of credit.

I assume the next phrase is a standard...?
"

In the coming months, we will continue to evaluate your account. Then based on your overall credit behavior and Discover card usage, we may continue increasing your line"

"
I've had my card since Feb. 2013 so that's what 9 months of ownership.

Funny I tried a manual increase a month or two ago beings i've had my card for over 6 months, and I wasn't eligable without a hardpull so I declined and tried a smaller amount same thing and I declined again then I couldn't try anymore it said 'my request' was in process or something along those lines and I couldn't try again until the current request was reviewed or finished. Not sure what 'request' it was talking about though because I declined it both times.

I don't think that has anything to do with this particular increase though.

I think this is nice it improves my overall current utility of the card
I've been making much more then minimum payments but my utility is still alittle higher then I like or like to admit do to some neccesities I couldn't avoid and one personal thing I wanted and I kinda splurged on... (no it wasn't a new game console for anyone thinking it may have been, lol I really want one but I hear there are some 'day one' release issues so i'll be waiting till they get some or most of the kinks and stuff fixed)

Anyway I'm still abit psyched about it, this is my first auto-increase I've recieved from Discover or well any card.

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Sweet! First Discover auto-CLI!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

great job!!

Message 3 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats! ....got turned down on my 6,9 and 12 months mark but there is still hope Smiley Happy ..btw my CLI button is stuck since my 6 months attempt...a very long in progress..LOL
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That first auto CL increase is a sign of achievement. After developing a relationship with Discover, I found they were more open to CLI's.
Message 5 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats auto luv is the best luv 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 11
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 7 of 11
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Thanks everyone!

@lg8302ch : yeah, i don't get how the button works myself but it seems since the auto-cli went through my button reset and would 'work' again if i tried but I'm happy right now

@Wanderer: Is that soo? Well I guess it makes sense but didn't really think of it, lol.

But am glad to know I can get them, i've seen stories about people with good / decent credit but their card for some reason or another just was not eligible for auto-cli or even soft pull user initiated cli ever. I am curious what deems a card ineligible for a cli especially on the people with good credit history, it makes no sense.

Also my appologies I didn't realize this was considered a Credit App Approval or I would have put it there in the first place

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 8 of 11
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Wasn't sure to make a new topic or  just revive this one(hope that's okay) but, another auto-CLI just moments ago, was just going about my bussiness making my payments and what-not and checked my email when Bam! in the title 'Regarding Your Credit Limit Increase' at the top of my mail!

Recieved $250 increase this time not bad at all, I am happy with it

So in my first year of ownership I got a succesful 9month review and 12 month review!

Haha I'm a happy person right now, actually this years started off fairly well beyond being sick at the very beggining of January... not alot really happened just began the year positivly and hoping for the rest of the year to go the same!

Anyways, this brings my Discover Card to a total of $2,650!

Hope everyone has had a good start to their year so far!

Message 9 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG congrats on your CLI! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.