Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red - Recent approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Red - Recent approvals

A friend app'd 6 mths ago and currently has a CL of $750.

Message 21 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tonight I stopped into Target and applied at the customer service desk. A few quick questions on the screeen then the tape printed out of the register. The girl told me that it's my temporary account info untill my card arrives in the mail. I asked if my credit line is listed and she said "oh yeah, right here". I looked then looked again... $3000.00. They had to open both doors to get my smile out of the building when I left.  Not that Target's a big deal but after reading about a lot of people with good scores either getting denied or Toy limits, I didn't expect much if anything.  Funny thing is, this is my highest credit line. I'm beyond surprized! It will get a little use and if anything, will help keep my utilization % low. 

I get approved for a $3k Target card but I can't get approved to refinance my car. Strange...

Message 22 of 70
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

How is your AAoA at the time of applying Target CC?

Message 23 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trumpet-205 wrote:

How is your AAoA at the time of applying Target CC?

Good question! Is there an easy way to get this without doing the math for all of my accounts? Does this only include my current accounts before my spree this week (3 credit cards and one auto loan) or do I also take into consideration accounts that were paid off/in good standing from years ago and not included in my BK?  If it's only the current, it would be 1.4 years (I don't think that's it). If it includes past accounts that are closed but paid as agreed, it's alot higher than that. MY CR goes back 23 years.

Message 24 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing that I noticed on my Temporary Card -

"Credit Limit - $3000.

Temporary Credit Limit - $3000.

Then towards the bottom it says -

The temporary credit limit is a portion of your full credit limit. The full limit will be available 11 days after your account is opened."

So, is the actual credit limit higher?

Message 25 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

That Target Rep and I am sure it is because they said "Right now, we're not reviewing any Target REDcard® accounts for credit limit increases", is correct. The problem is I have a $200 limit since 2007 and have NEVER been late, missed a payment, gone over my credit limit! I have 4 boys....$200 doesn't help much at Christmas time. I just don't want to hurt my score by closing it. They say the same thing for 3 years everytime I call. Horrible Card. Walmart is just as easy or easier.

Message 26 of 70
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One thing that I noticed on my Temporary Card -

"Credit Limit - $3000.

Temporary Credit Limit - $3000.

Then towards the bottom it says -

The temporary credit limit is a portion of your full credit limit. The full limit will be available 11 days after your account is opened."

So, is the actual credit limit higher?

My DD was approved this month with a $750 temp CL. When the card arrived, the CL remained at $750.

YMMV - 

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 27 of 70
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The card is not bad, you can't get the 5% any other way, unless it's part of your rotating one month or quarter but don't think... Yes the bank is kind of stupid in the fact that reps, managers, etc. do they even have underwriting! lol they have NO power to do anything... it's almost pointless to have half of them... but Household, Cap1, sometimes GE even still... going fully automated has not always been a good idea! and they really just need to say "We want you to keep using your card and hope you can make multiple payments if you are a big shopper at target because we will not move your $200 limit... but stop saying it's because of 2008, or 2009, or whatever else because it's simply not true for many... I opened new cards when they said they stopped reviewing... so what's up with that!

Message 28 of 70
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I've had my Target Visa since 2007.  It started with a $3000.00 limit and I have gotten several automatic CLIs since then.  Currently, I have a $6000.00 limit and an interest rate of 17.24%.  In the time I've had the card I've carried a balance once.  I buy groceries with it weekly and pay the balance in full.  No complants from meSmiley LOL

Message 29 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used my temp card for the first time today. Picked up some grocerys and a few small things. Besides them having pretty good prices for groceries, I also had a $5.00 off coupon for when I purchase groceries totalling $25.00 or more plus the 5% off. And I got another $5.00 off coupon. So it's like saving 25% off of $25.00. I can make this work for me!  3 minutes from my house and I drive by it most days. 

$5-6000+ seems kind of high for a store card limit. It's nice when you have it but I wonder how many people put all of that to use. The most that mine should see is around $500.00, possible close to $1k depending on what I buy there around Christmas.

Message 30 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.