Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red - Recent approvals

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Target Red - Recent approvals

You lucky dog @jsu!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 51 of 70
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Use that debit card for 6 months. Let Target get an idea of your spending habits. Then, app for the Red Card. I would bet you will get a nice limit from them since they "know you"... That worked for me. I used the debit for 6 months and was approved for the Red Card with a $2500 limit.

Good luck.

Hopefully you didn't go all in for that betting. I had my debit red from 2011/04, just applied online for credit version and got $300 CL. Spend about $500 per month at Target.

Just explaining what happened in my situation. It did work as stated above. I app'd at the store. I was unaware that you could app on-line now.

YMMV

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 52 of 70
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Recently approved for the Target RedCard, and was given a $200 CL smdh.....but was told that I would receive a CLI as long as I use the card frequently, and paying the bills on time! 

Message 53 of 70
lithium78
Established Contributor

@kpresod wrote:

Recently approved for the Target RedCard, and was given a $200 CL smdh.....but was told that I would receive a CLI as long as I use the card frequently, and paying the bills on time! 

I started with a $200 limit, but that increased to $1000 after a year.  Unfortunately, it hasn't budged since.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 54 of 70
pinoyscorpion951
New Contributor

I started at 200 and am stuck there also. Too bad TNB doesnt do CLI increases every four months like GECRB. A CLI just before the holidays would have been nice. It appears that Target's credit card portfolio just got purchased by TD Bank today. Toronto Dominion is a Canadian bank. Makes sense for Target since they are opening a ton of stores in Canada in the coming years. Not sure how this impacts cardholders being able to get a CLI but when Capital One took over the Kohl's portfolio from Chase, no one has been able to get a CLI due to a system update during the transition process. If the same holds true during this transition process, don't expect any CLI's until next year. It appears TD Bank will be bringing the Target Visa back though.

Message 55 of 70
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I've had my Target red card since about 2009, i started with the standard 200 limit, but in about 2 months they upped it to 1000... where it has stayed ever since.  I never carry a balance on it anymore, and spend about 500 or so a month there...

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 56 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did a mini app spree--RedCard and Kohls. I got approved for both. $300 CL on Kohls, UNK on RedCard. My computer went haywire while Target was processing my request and completely shut down before it was complete. I rebooted and checked e-mail. I was approved and should get my card in 7-10 days. Except that 7-10 days will be more like 1-2 months. The problem is with both of these cards you cannot enter a PO Box for your address. What the heck are those of us with no mail service at our physical address supposed to do? I had the same problem when I applied for Cap1 in May...didn't get my card until Sept. because I had to first get my credit report, then call to get them to cancel the first card in case someone else had it, get them to reissue new card and change mailing address in their system so that everything would come to my PO Box, instead of being returned to sender as undeliverable or laying tn the dead mail warehouse. This is all because of the stupid unconstitutional Patriot Act! I can't even call these companies yet because I don't have my confirmation numbers due to my stupid computer going all haywire! I tried to check status on Target's site, but need a confirmation number, which they did not even put in their e-mail to me. Oh, well, I guess I'll just wait for them to show up on my CR and then call them to send the cards to me...it's time to hang out in the garden for awhile. 

Message 57 of 70
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 58 of 70
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

I work at Target. 2 guests were approved for 3,000 and 1,100 Credit Lines the other day. Maybe beginning to be more lenient? 

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 59 of 70
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

I wonder if they will start offering CL increases again.  Hmmm...

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 60 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.