Frequent Contributor

Re: Target Redcard Approval

i am still at 300.00 i may call in/

>
Message 11 of 21
-Furbz-
Contributor

im thinking of applying for the target card.. im there every weekend now that i live 3 miles away from one. Do you guys think i will get approved with 690 TU and 640 EQ scores. Also would you guys recommed applying when at the register or through customer service area?

Message 12 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you should be approved and I think you have to apply at check out... takes like 30 seconds if you get a cashier that knows how to type... she swipes a credit card and enters your DL# and your address... you verify address and type your DOB and Soc on the little keybad and submit and prints out receipt in couple seconds with limit and APR.

5% all purchases, 10% off 6 bottles of wine or more!

Message 13 of 21
Creditchaser
Established Member

Target showed me some love today!!  I've been lurking around this board for years and it has helped me improved my scores dramatically.. Anyhow I was in Target today picking up a few items.  I went to the customer service desk and asked if I could apply for their credit card.  (Apparently you can also get a Target debit card)  The young lady asked for my license, I answered a few questions on the keypad and then a slip printed out of the register.  She says, you've been approved.....I looked at the slip and low and behold I was approved for $2500.  I looked up at her and said, Good lawd!!!!  We both laughed.  I proceeded to make my purchases. The best part was that I got 5% off.  Not sure what CR they pulled but my current ficos are below.

Transunion - 755

Equifax - 763

Message 14 of 21
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I am still in denial of my $3,000 limit lol.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 15 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

Congrats!  I am still in denial of my $3,000 limit lol.

COngrats !! thats a great CL for starter

Looking at your siggy, you have a good selection of prime cards Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

I was at Target today and spent about $200, but the cashier didnt offer to apply and i was too chicken to even ask.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So this is my first post here. I have been lurking for a few months and following all of your tips and tricks to learn how to get my finances in good order.

Today I took a gamble and applied online for my Target red card after careful consideration.

I was approved with a $200 CL! Smiley Very Happy

Nothing fancy, but a great foundation to build on and another account to add to my report.

Transrisk - 660

Vantage Score - 681

FICO (Walmart) - 629

Message 18 of 21
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

Well I was in Target earlier, and decided I needed to reapply for a Target card since the Target close to my house has produce now, and is actually cheaper than Walmart and HEB now.

So I told the lady I wanted to apply, and it practically made her day lol.

She took my info, and it printed out a slip, and she asked if I wanted to put my purchase on the new card, and I said sure.

When she handed me the slip, I almost fell over!

My old Target card I closed about a year ago, because the crappy limit was only $200.

Well my new Target card has a $3,000 limit!!!  Yay for Target for finally giving out decent limits now.

I am sure they pulled EQ, where my score is somewhere around 720.

Cpngrats to you!!!

I was declined a month or so back...so i applied again when i saw your posts. i got approved finally for a measly 200.00

i sure hope it grows now

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 19 of 21
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@-Furbz- wrote:

im thinking of applying for the target card.. im there every weekend now that i live 3 miles away from one. Do you guys think i will get approved with 690 TU and 640 EQ scores. Also would you guys recommed applying when at the register or through customer service area?

I have a 680 TU and a 662 EQ....I got in

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.