Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Amex! About freakin time!

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks Amex! About freakin time!

@unlucky_hove wrote:

Done and approved for BCE! I struggled on the golf course today but this makes up for everything! Go Cuse!

WTG Congrats on your approvals x2!! Welcome to AMEX family and sorry for the Syracuse.   What's your limit on BCE? 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 11 of 16
bossladymom
Regular Contributor

Awesome Approvals! One day I hope to be there!

Current score: 693 (Citibank) NFCU CashRewards $14,000/ BOA RC Visa $5,000/NavCheck $13,000/Home Depot $4,620/ AMEX Delta Gold $2,500/Citi $2,000/ Merrick Bank $1,200/ Macy's $1,200/Amazon $900/Capital One $450/Kohl's $700/RoomPlace $2,500/ Old Navy $200
Message 12 of 16
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@unlucky_hove wrote:

Done and approved for BCE! I struggled on the golf course today but this makes up for everything! Go Cuse!

WTG Congrats on your approvals x2!! Welcome to AMEX family and sorry for the Syracuse.   What's your limit on BCE? 

They are starting me out with 5k on the BCE which is equal to my higest limit showing on EX, my CSP. I'm still in shock this morning lol, I started this journey in 2010 with a beginning FICO of 550. Four years later I'm 700+ across the board. I went from cards such as Credit One and Orchard bank to Amex and Chase. Well worth the wait!

P.S. The two shots at the end of the Cuse game were horrible! oh well

Message 13 of 16
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Congrats 2x and Welcome to Amex Family!!!

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 14 of 16
Weights
Regular Contributor

@unlucky_hove wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@unlucky_hove wrote:

They are starting me out with 5k on the BCE which is equal to my higest limit showing on EX, my CSP. I'm still in shock this morning lol, I started this journey in 2010 with a beginning FICO of 550. Four years later I'm 700+ across the board. I went from cards such as Credit One and Orchard bank to Amex and Chase. Well worth the wait!

P.S. The two shots at the end of the Cuse game were horrible! oh well

It seems your experience almost mimics mine.  When I started my credit journey, I was likely in the 550 range as well, and managed to come a long way four years later as well.  When I was able to secure approval for my BCE this January, they surprisingly matched my highest limit, and I even got almost 2X my initial credit limit on day 61 of my account opening.  Definitely be proud of your achievement.  It's a lot of work and can definitely be frustrating while in progres, but much worth it in the end.  Once again, welcome to the AMEX family!

Message 15 of 16
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@unlucky_hove wrote:

Over the years I was able to get a card with every prime lender that I wanted, except amex. Thanks to the help of everyone here, I was finally approved today for an amex green! I really wanted the blue cash but i feel that I needed to get my foot through door! I have read that others were able to be approved for two amex cards in the same day and it only counts as one inquiry. Should I try for the blue or just sit back and garden? Thanks in advance

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy welcome to the Amex family

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.