Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Duck Card Visa - shocking CL!

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

The Duck Card Visa - shocking CL!

I can't find the thread for the life of me, but a few weeks ago Ron1 posted a link to an extensive credit card marketplace on Amazon.com, and one of them was the The Duck Card Visa by Oregon Community Credit Union, but this specific card you do not need to be a member. here's the link to the site: http://theduckcard.com/

I didn't get instant approval, said they were processing my application. I didn't bother calling either. Then the other day I got something in the mail from them, no letter of denial or approval, just stating what my credit score was in their system and how to get a copy of my credit report.

Then today I open the mailbox and by now I know (and love) the feeling of a credit card in an envelope. Opened it, and it was the The Duck Card, for $7500 CL Smiley Surprised My highest CL yet. Pretty good terms too! No annual fee, I get 0% for 7 months and then 10.99%; 1.9% on balance transfers for a year, then 10.99%. $10 transfer fee or 3% whichever higher (same for cash advance). ...anyway, pretty good terms considering the other cards I have. This is also my lowest APR!!!! My DCU is 15.25 and Discover is 0 for 14 months and then 20.99.

So damn, best overall interest rate and highest CL! I would call to ask for more but I never have luck with recons Smiley Sad

So thanks Ron!

Just letting all know in case anyone wants to apply. I think I'm ready to do a few balance transfers and lower my monthly payments Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: The Duck Card Visa - shocking CL!

@new_earth wrote:

I can't find the thread for the life of me, but a few weeks ago Ron1 posted a link to an extensive credit card marketplace on Amazon.com, and one of them was the The Duck Card Visa by Oregon Community Credit Union, but this specific card you do not need to be a member. here's the link to the site: http://theduckcard.com/

I didn't get instant approval, said they were processing my application. I didn't bother calling either. Then the other day I got something in the mail from them, no letter of denial or approval, just stating what my credit score was in their system and how to get a copy of my credit report.

Then today I open the mailbox and by now I know (and love) the feeling of a credit card in an envelope. Opened it, and it was the The Duck Card, for $7500 CL Smiley Surprised My highest CL yet. Pretty good terms too! No annual fee, I get 0% for 7 months and then 10.99%; 1.9% on balance transfers for a year, then 10.99%. $10 transfer fee or 3% whichever higher (same for cash advance). ...anyway, pretty good terms considering the other cards I have. This is also my lowest APR!!!! My DCU is 15.25 and Discover is 0 for 14 months and then 20.99.

So damn, best overall interest rate and highest CL! I would call to ask for more but I never have luck with recons Smiley Sad

So thanks Ron!

Just letting all know in case anyone wants to apply. I think I'm ready to do a few balance transfers and lower my monthly payments Smiley Very Happy

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 59
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Very nice...no membership required?

What bureau did they pull for those who might be interested?
Message 3 of 59
Luscher
Valued Contributor

was it this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/compare-credit-card-offers/b?ie=UTF8&node=5284529011
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 59
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Very nice...no membership required?

What bureau did they pull for those who might be interested?

No you don't have to be a member. I remember when I went to the link Ron posted on Amazon it said eligibility requirements - none.

They pulled Equifax.

I wonder if they were trying to beat my Care Credit CL of $6,000? My regular CC's are not very high CL's.

Also, I got this deal and CL with very many newly opened accounts, AAoA around 8 or 9 months total (would be less if not for one AU account). Only one fairly old charge off, and 39 inqs Smiley Surprised ssshhhhh i do not have that many! do not

Message 5 of 59
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
was it this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/compare-credit-card-offers/b?ie=UTF8&node=5284529011

that's not the exact link but it's somewhere in there. I found that link on google but couldn't find the stuff I was looking at when Ron posted it. Maybe he'll show up and find it.

Message 6 of 59
credit_monkey
Established Member

What was the score that they sent you?

Starting Score: 646
Current Score: myfico eq 663, tu Walmart 676
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 59
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

their internal scoring, it was like 400+something to 900 i think. Or high 800's. I ranked as a 728 I think. Sorry I threw it away not realizing I was approved.

My actual FICO score is 724 on EQ, but it's kind of a bad 724. Low age, lots of inq's, etc. Chase, Barclay, Amex, CIti, etc. won't look at me. Also don't get approved for some store cards. Feels good to be in 700's though Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 59
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 59
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

I'd like more info as well. Ron, where are you?

Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.