Valued Contributor
j_casteel

Re: The FICO Gods answered my prayers----US Bank Cash +, baby!!!!!!!!

I may have to open an account sometime as well and then try for the Cash+ next year. I'm pretty fortunate to have US Bank, BoA, Chase, Wells Fargo, and many local banks/CUs call within like 2mi of me.
| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $19.5k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:709 TU:703
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Valued Contributor
Themanwhocan

By the way, remember to NOT cash out the rewards on the Cash+ card until you can cash out $100 in order to get the once a year $25 bonus. 

Established Contributor
shaun2009

Congratz OP be glad when i can finally PC to it I've been trying for a while now.... sigh... Got my Platinum to a $5K limit so now i hope within the next 6 months i perhaps get an offer to PC it to the Cash+ its one of my list cards.... along with the SM ..... 

Current Credit Cards
| PayPal MC: $7.5K | WalMart MC: $7.5K | Discover IT: $6.5K | USB Platinum: $5K | Sams MC: $5K |
| CapitalOne QS: $1.3K | AmEx TrueEarnings: $1.2K | AFCU Rewards: $1K | USB Select: $1K |

Goal Credit Cards
CapitalOne QuickSilver, Discover IT, Sam's MasterCard
AmEx EveryDay, Chase Freedom, US Bank Cash+
Last Application: 6/23/2014
Valued Contributor
-Wade-

Dw4250 wrote:

So I went on a major app spree back in March.  Took 7 INQ and added 6 new TL.  I swore myself into the garden until the Summer of 2015 (when my last baddie falls off, and I plan to apply for a mortgage).  I was super happy about all of my cards and have gotten use out of all of them, save one....US Bank Platinum.  It doesn't give any rewards, and has a low CL ($1K).  I "graduated" to it from the US Bank secured, and figured I'd hang on to it.  After my mortgage goes through next year, the plan was to try to PC it to the Cash +.  I love the Cash + rewards, and is really the only card I want to complete my portfolio.  But I had no plans to try until next year....

Fast forward to today...I had to deposit a check at the bank, so hit the US Bank drive-thru.  The teller takes my check and informs me I have a US Platinum card and it does not give me any rewards (duh I know...I hate it...lol!).  She said it looks like I qualify for one of their cash back rewards cards, and if I wanted to upgrade, she could run it through.  I said sure why not ,thinking I'd get rejected (due to all the recent INQ and TL).  She comes back a minute later and said:

"Congratulations!  You've been approved for our US Bank Cash + card.".

She wrote the new limit down on the envelope.  $5000.00...my head is still spinning!  I asked her twice if she's sure it's the Cash +, and not the Cash Rewards, and she said she's absolutely sure.  It's the 5%, 2% card.  In my excitement, I forgot to ask her two things:  

1).  If this will be an HP...which I'm sure it is

2). If it will be a brand new TL, or a PC.

I don't really care...I'm super excited either way.

Great way to start a weekend! 

OK, back to the garden...this time it's for real :smileywink:

Congrats on your approval :smileyhappy: awesome card

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 813 (09/02/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 813 *** EX 804 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Regular Contributor
Gatortrout

Congrats. That's the only card out there still that I want.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+