cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

tag
StriderM99
New Contributor

Re: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

UPDATE: I just checked my account on Capital One's website and found they had raised my limit to $5,000 from $750.

I did recieve a call or two from random phone numbers this past week, but didn't pick up because I was at work (I never pick up for unknown numbers). So, I don't know if it was one of the reps calling to notify me, or not. However, when I looked today, it was increased to $5,000.

When she first asked, I told the rep I'd like $7,500. Then, when she asked what my min would be, I gave her my (then current) credit limit on my Discover card, which was $5,000. I'm assumming they just looked up what my current max was, and matched it (thus the $5,000).

It's a decent gain. I will finally start using their card now.

Message 21 of 23
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Re: UPDATED: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

Do not listen to astritaho1979's advice.   While Capital One is known as a company you can rebuild with, it also has prime products you need excellent credit for.  With the kind of credit limit increase you got, you have no worries.  As far as your Chase, wait until your new limit with Discover reports, then you can call in to see if they will match it.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 22 of 23
StriderM99
New Contributor

Re: UPDATED: One CL increase just granted. Possible to increase the rest, too?

@kimmiller112 wrote:

Do not listen to astritaho1979's advice.   While Capital One is known as a company you can rebuild with, it also has prime products you need excellent credit for.  With the kind of credit limit increase you got, you have no worries.  As far as your Chase, wait until your new limit with Discover reports, then you can call in to see if they will match it.

Yup, that's what I plan on doing!

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.