Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Approval

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

US Bank Cash+ Approval

I have had my Cash+ for two years now, and my DH is an AU on my card.  I decided it was time for him to get his own Cash+ so we can have four 5% cash back categories every quarter instead of just two.  Last Friday we both had the day off from work, so I seized the opportunity to have him call in and apply for this card.  He received an instant approval and the rep told him his starting limit is $17,000.  The rep also told him he will receive a sign-up bonus of $50.  Of course I'm skeptical that it is a Cash+ Visa Signature card since I've read numerous posts here about folks being told they were approved for the Cash+ and then they end up with the 1% cash rewards card.

Haven't received the card yet since it hasn't quite been a week since he applied, but on Tuesday I logged into our US Bank online banking using DH's credentials and saw a new credit card account being displayed with the last 4-digits of the account number.  The available credit is displayed as "--", which is typical for US Bank's Visa signature cards.  Then I clicked "Account Information" and this revealed that the card is indeed the Cash+ Visa Sig (picture posted below).  I was able to pick the two 5% categories for this quarter since we had the last 4-digits of the account number.

Received an alert from Credit Karma that US Bank pulled DH's TU report.  That surprised me, considering they pulled EX for my card two years ago.  Anyway, I'm really pleased with this approval and can't wait for him to get the card!  Already have the AU form filled out so he can add me and our son as AUs.....just need the card so I can fill in the account number on the form.

chris cash+.JPG

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Cash+ Approval

Grats to him Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats to DH! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!!

Message 5 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@CribDuchess wrote:

I have had my Cash+ for two years now, and my DH is an AU on my card.  I decided it was time for him to get his own Cash+ so we can have four 5% cash back categories every quarter instead of just two.  Last Friday we both had the day off from work, so I seized the opportunity to have him call in and apply for this card.  He received an instant approval and the rep told him his starting limit is $17,000.  The rep also told him he will receive a sign-up bonus of $50.  Of course I'm skeptical that it is a Cash+ Visa Signature card since I've read numerous posts here about folks being told they were approved for the Cash+ and then they end up with the 1% cash rewards card.

Haven't received the card yet since it hasn't quite been a week since he applied, but on Tuesday I logged into our US Bank online banking using DH's credentials and saw a new credit card account being displayed with the last 4-digits of the account number.  The available credit is displayed as "--", which is typical for US Bank's Visa signature cards.  Then I clicked "Account Information" and this revealed that the card is indeed the Cash+ Visa Sig (picture posted below).  I was able to pick the two 5% categories for this quarter since we had the last 4-digits of the account number.

Received an alert from Credit Karma that US Bank pulled DH's TU report.  That surprised me, considering they pulled EX for my card two years ago.  Anyway, I'm really pleased with this approval and can't wait for him to get the card!  Already have the AU form filled out so he can add me and our son as AUs.....just need the card so I can fill in the account number on the form.

chris cash+.JPG

Congratulations on your husband's approval! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy Fantastic CL! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

chris cash+.JPG

Eureka! Smiley Very Happy

Happy Congrats! Love how we peek with anticipation just to be sure LoL  I been itching for my first Cash+ with them and i was one of those too who was told approved for Cash+ but ended up with the 1% cash rewards card instead (those dogs Smiley Frustrated ) but i know it's coming eventually.

Message 7 of 14
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

US Bank is currently offering a 50$ bonus if you make 5 purchases of 50$ or more at grocery stores and gas stations. Hope this helps

Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 8 of 14
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congrats to him.....Very impressed with your scores and overall credit limit of almost $250K+

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 9 of 14
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

chris cash+.JPG

Congrats on your DH Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.