Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Approved! - Update

tag
iloverewards
Valued Member

Re: US Bank Cash+ Approved! - Update

I was denied with a 731 Ex (per the CSR) b/c I have student loan debt (no late payments, just the debt). Smiley Sad

Chase Sapphire Preferred | Freedom | IHG Rewards Club
Citi Dividend | Simplicity | AAdvantage
Discover It
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Blue Cash
Barclay Arrival | NFL Extra Points
Bank of America Better Balance Rewards
US Bank Platinum Visa
Message 51 of 58
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@iloverewards wrote:

I was denied with a 731 Ex (per the CSR) b/c I have student loan debt (no late payments, just the debt). Smiley Sad

Did you ask them to approve you for the rewards card (one step below cash plus)? That would be okay too, which can be eventually upgraded to the cashplus card in the future.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 52 of 58
iloverewards
Valued Member

No, I'll just reapply when I make more money. I recently graduated from graduate school. The CSR had a really judgmental tone in her voice when she rejected me and I just got really discouraged. I didn't know that I could ask for the other version of this card. I assumed that if I qualified, they would've just offered it to me. You've given me great advice and I really appreciate it so thanks! Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Preferred | Freedom | IHG Rewards Club
Citi Dividend | Simplicity | AAdvantage
Discover It
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Blue Cash
Barclay Arrival | NFL Extra Points
Bank of America Better Balance Rewards
US Bank Platinum Visa
Message 53 of 58
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@iloverewards wrote:

No, I'll just reapply when I make more money. I recently graduated from graduate school. The CSR had a really judgmental tone in her voice when she rejected me and I just got really discouraged. I didn't know that I could ask for the other version of this card. I assumed that if I qualified, they would've just offered it to me. You've given me great advice and I really appreciate it so thanks! Smiley Happy

I started them with a secured card ($1000), and after a while, it did graduate. Then they have automatically upgraded it to the cash rewards card after a few months. I gave couple more months of time and requested to upgrade to Cash Plus which they have approved.

Its a bank that grows with you over the time.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 54 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a guide, US Bank requests $30K of income as a minimum for their Visa Signature Cards (also for their Premier Plus Line of Credit) and they do look at housing costs along with other debt. They are a great bank to work with and like all other banks have their unique requirements. They do require a direct contact with a US Banker (why?). Interest 13.99% to 23.99% with no AF cash at 23.99% limited to 25% of your available credit line and categories you select each calendar quarter. US Bank is a conservative lendor and is willing to work with people but a banking relationship is their first preference (not always required) for this card. The card stands against the best with US Bank not marketing it so you hear little on it. It is a no preset spending limit which is reported as a revolving credit line as a "flexible spending limit." Redemption offers a $25 Rewards card if you redeem at at least the $100 level.

Message 55 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 56 of 58
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

OLD THREAD ALERT!

Message 57 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

OLD THREAD ALERT!

duh but mods told me not to duplicate. they're all old so i guess i'll make thread?   this one old too OLDER than this one http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-Perks-Visa-Signature-Card-question/m-p/3409067#...

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.