Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ and Cap One PC & CLI

tag
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash+ and Cap One PC & CLI

Yesterday was a good day for me.  Here's the good news:

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature - I had a telephone banker call me twice telling me I was preapproved for all of their credit cards but recommended the Cash+.  I opted out at that time but got something in the mail a few days ago that basically said "fax this in and we'll send you your Cash+ card".  I took the bait.  I faxed in the form Monday, got a Credit Karma alert that TU had been pulled yesterday so I called the automated system.  The phone system said I was approved.  I then pushed the option to talk to an UW and he advised me I was approved for.... get ready for it... my first 5 digit CL.... $10K Visa Signature.  This is also my first Visa CC approval ever.  Woo hoo!  Just to make sure I was approved for the Cash+ and not the lesser cash rewards card, I called back again today and a lady in UW confirmed it's the Cash+ card with a 10K limit and it was being shipped today.  That seems fast!  Approved Tuesday, card shipped Wednesday... they said I should have it by Saturday or Monday in the mail.  I'm not sure I'll totally believe it until it gets here but after hearing from the automated system and two Underwriters, I thought I could go ahead and celebrate.  

CapOne frankencard (LOL) - opened 07/2012 as a Platinum at 1K CL.  Auto increase to 1.5K after 6 months and then nothing.  I accepted an 'upgrade' to a QS1 in January of this year but I have another CapOne card that was also converted to a QS1 so I had two of the exact same card.  Just didn't make sense.  I reached out to the E&O in March and they waived the annual fee but kept the card as a QS1 and raised the CL to 2.5K.  This time I asked for a PC to a Venture card (not VentureOne but the actual blue Venture double miles card) with at least a 5K limit.  I get a call back advising they raised my CL to 5K and are in process of converting my QS1 card to a Venture and UW approved a 5K limit.  Further, the rep told me they are upgrading my card to a World MasterCard at the same time.  Now THAT's what I'm talking about.  Finally, I have two different CapOne cards.  

I have gone from 3.5K available credit in March to 41K in available credit in 4 months.  I have way more credit that I could ever use or need but it feels good to make such progress in such a short period.  Thanks again for everyone's insight on this forum!  I certainly couldn't have done it without the knowledge here.

Happy app'ing!

EDITED:  spelling

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ and Cap One PC & CLI

@axledobe wrote:

Yesterday was a good day for me.  Here's the good news:

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature - I had a telephone banker call me twice telling me I was preapproved for all of their credit cards but recommended the Cash+.  I opted out at that time but got something in the mail a few days ago that basically said "fax this in and we'll send you your Cash+ card".  I took the bait.  I faxed in the form Monday, got a Credit Karma alert that TU had been pulled yesterday so I called the automated system.  The phone system said I was approved.  I then pushed the option to talk to an UW and he advised me I was approved for.... get ready for it... my first 5 digit CL.... $10K Visa Signature.  This is also my first Visa CC approval ever.  Woo hoo!  Just to make sure I was approved for the Cash+ and not the lesser cash rewards card, I called back again today and a lady in UW confirmed it's the Cash+ card with a 10K limit and it was being shipped today.  That seems fast!  Approved Tuesday, card shipped Wednesday... they said I should have it by Saturday or Monday in the mail.  I'm not sure I'll totally believe it until it gets here but after hearing from the automated system and two Underwriters, I thought I could go ahead and celebrate.  

CapOne frankencard (LOL) - opened 07/2012 as a Platinum at 1K CL.  Auto increase to 1.5K after 6 months and then nothing.  I accepted an 'upgrade' to a QS1 in January of this year but I have another CapOne card that was also converted to a QS1 so I had two of the exact same card.  Just didn't make sense.  I reached out to the E&O in March and they waived the annual fee but kept the card as a QS1 and raised the CL to 2.5K.  This time I asked for a PC to a Venture card (not VentureOne but the actual blue Venture double miles card) with at least a 5K limit.  I get a call back advising they raised my CL to 5K and are in process of converting my QS1 card to a Venture and UW approved a 5K limit.  Further, the rep told me they are upgrading my card to a World MasterCard at the same time.  Now THAT's what I'm talking about.  Finally, I have two different CapOne cards.  

I have gone from 3.5K available credit in March to 41K in available credit in 4 months.  I have way more credit that I could ever use or need but it feels good to make such progress in such a short period.  Thanks again for everyone's insight on this forum!  I certainly couldn't have done it without the knowledge here.

Happy app'ing!

EDITED:  spelling

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy WTG

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 10
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your success OP Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats that's a awesome jump in credit lines 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! Awesome. You are hot and on a run. Great cards and outstanding CLs! Unreal. Excited for you.
Message 8 of 10
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I logged into my US Bank account this morning and the Cash+ card is now showing up.  I guess it's true.  I did get it. 

For some reason, it doesn't show a CL but I think I've read that's normal for a NPSL VS card.  Excited to get it. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Visa Signature (NPSL) Cards do not show the Revolving CL. This is normal. Note, if you call the automated telephone response system you will get the available balance. Similar to Chase's auto response system.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.