cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Amex Approved!!!

tag
JohnnyUtah89

USAA Amex Approved!!!

Decided to apply for the USAA Amex today and was pleasantly surprised to be instanly approved for a $12,000 cl with a apr of 13.9%.  This is by far my largest cl to date.  All scores in the low 700's.  Walmart Fico score at 731.  Waiting for two derogs to fall off next year and then my scores should shoot up.  Two years ago my scores were in the mid 500's.  Thanks to these forums I have cleaned up a lot off of my credit reports. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Amex Approved!!!

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@JohnnyUtah89 wrote:

Decided to apply for the USAA Amex today and was pleasantly surprised to be instanly approved for a $12,000 cl with a apr of 13.9%.  This is by far my largest cl to date.  All scores in the low 700's.  Walmart Fico score at 731.  Waiting for two derogs to fall off next year and then my scores should shoot up.  Two years ago my scores were in the mid 500's.  Thanks to these forums I have cleaned up a lot off of my credit reports. 

Congrats! Seeing all these credit organizations/credit unions with great APRs, great starting CL, rewards, and small to no annual fees has got me looking around for if and when Orchard/Capital One doesn't decide to change my secured card and gets me looking for a replacement. Didn't realize I'm eligible for USAA plus PenFed since I am part of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary. My father was actually in Vietnam, allowing me to qualify for these types of companies! Great to know that they will be there for me! Not only for credit cards, but for a future auto loan and/or mortgage Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Wow Congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.