Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA loan pending does this mean approved

tag
Christinarocks
New Visitor

USAA loan pending does this mean approved

Hi, I applied for a usaa personal loan yesterday and it says pending in the my accounts section, but it has a pending account number, does this mean that it was approved, because when I click on it it says it needs further manual processing. I didnt ask for much, 2500 and I was hoping to use it to take care of some emergency expenses with my car. 

I've been rebuilding my credit for the last few years and have a CC with these guys along with insurance, checking, savings etc. and my credit is in ok shape 650s in all 3 beaureaus. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this before and how it turned out for them. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
dap1984va
New Contributor

Re: USAA loan pending does this mean approved

I have not personally had a  personal loan with them,  I have received (3) car loans (1) Motorcycle Loan over the years and I cant think of any account that I do not have with USAA besides for a Mortgage Smiley Indifferent, Just take into consideration yesterday was Saturday, And not all applications come up with a system generated response of "APPROVED" automatically. Might need a manual review.... I would call them tomorrow, give them time to look it over (working days) Just remember your credit score is NOT the only single factor they look at nor the number of accounts you have opened

P.S. 

Approved=Approved

Pending=Pending.

Message 2 of 10
toppers555
Established Contributor

@dap1984va wrote:

I have not personally had a  personal loan with them,  I have received (3) car loans (1) Motorcycle Loan over the years and I cant think of any account that I do not have with USAA besides for a Mortgage Smiley Indifferent, Just take into consideration yesterday was Saturday, And not all applications come up with a system generated response of "APPROVED" automatically. Might need a manual review.... I would call them tomorrow, give them time to look it over (working days) Just remember your credit score is NOT the only single factor they look at nor the number of accounts you have opened

P.S. 

Approved=Approved

Pending=Pending.

@Anonymous if app is apporved instantly  account will show pending. I have appiled for a loan for them for possble  investment purpose, was an instant apporval, but utilmately did not take it . @ ob if you got a message it needs manual apporval you will get a secure message once it has been reviewed. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 3 of 10
brianjb
Contributor

I refinanced my car with them.  I think the loan said pending for a few days because there was some paperwork that I had to sign and get notarized.  Maybe it's the same way with a personal loan?  

Im im not sure.  Like others have said, give them a call tomorrow during business hours.  Remember they are on central time

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 4 of 10
Christinarocks
New Visitor

thanks for the replies, it did get approved by the consultant I spoke with on the phone. I needed to complete verifications with them. 

I was suprised because my EQ is in the 660s. I think this will also help the building of the credit in the end as well. 

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Christinarocks wrote:

thanks for the replies, it did get approved by the consultant I spoke with on the phone. I needed to complete verifications with them. 

I was suprised because my EQ is in the 660s. I think this will also help the building of the credit in the end as well. 

Congratulations on your loan approval OP! 

Message 6 of 10
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the loan approval. And yea, loans do take some time with USAA. There's no instant approval as documents and verifications forms are often required (similar to NavCheck from NFCU in requirements)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 7 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for updating. Welcome to the forum.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on loan ok!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.