Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA reopen card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA reopen card

I had a USAA credit card from a few years ago, opened in 2005. They closed the account for delinquency and I payed the balance in full. Would they be able to re-open this account with the old date? I believe I asked them if I could at the time but they couldn't, I didn't press the issue though. They might have asked me to run another credit check at the time which I didn't want to do I'm not too sure. I think I was in the middle of buying the house and didn't want to run the credit check. I'm trying to close one card and If I could reopen this one with the old date it would work out great for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA reopen card

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a USAA credit card from a few years ago, opened in 2005. They closed the account for delinquency and I payed the balance in full. Would they be able to re-open this account with the old date? I believe I asked them if I could at the time but they couldn't, I didn't press the issue though. They might have asked me to run another credit check at the time which I didn't want to do I'm not too sure. I think I was in the middle of buying the house and didn't want to run the credit check. I'm trying to close one card and If I could reopen this one with the old date it would work out great for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Unfortunately it cannot be reopened with the 2005 date years later.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.