Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Capital One CL Increase

tag
ogbo0006
Established Member

Unexpected Capital One CL Increase

In February 2013 I got approved for a Capital One Cash Rewards card with a $2000 credit limit.  My highest limit at that time.  Along with my welcome package I guess Capital One put in their "Step Up" program or something to that effect.  Anyways they stated that if I made 5 payments on-time they would give me a credit limit increase of $500 by my 7th statement.  Taking my credit limit from $2000 to $2500.

A couple of days ago I got a message from Capital One, when I logged into my account I saw that they had given a credit limit increase of $3000.  I was shocked to say the least given what I have read in this forum.  Now my total CL is $5000 which makes my second credit card with a $5000 limit. 

I am interested in applying next for either a Discover Card or a Bank of America\ Travel Rewards card with the EMV chip.  Does any one here have any information regarding their approval rate?

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Unexpected Capital One CL Increase

@ogbo0006 wrote:

In February 2013 I got approved for a Capital One Cash Rewards card with a $2000 credit limit.  My highest limit at that time.  Along with my welcome package I guess Capital One put in their "Step Up" program or something to that effect.  Anyways they stated that if I made 5 payments on-time they would give me a credit limit increase of $500 by my 7th statement.  Taking my credit limit from $2000 to $2500.

A couple of days ago I got a message from Capital One, when I logged into my account I saw that they had given a credit limit increase of $3000.  I was shocked to say the least given what I have read in this forum.  Now my total CL is $5000 which makes my second credit card with a $5000 limit. 

I am interested in applying next for either a Discover Card or a Bank of America\ Travel Rewards card with the EMV chip.  Does any one here have any information regarding their approval rate?

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your CLI! Are the scores in your siggy current?
Message 3 of 6
ogbo0006
Established Member

My EQ score is 625 now, my TU score is 630, and my EX score is 668.

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

They must like what they see in your spending/credit profile. CONGRATS in squeezing blood out of a stone Smiley Happy
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 5 of 6
JonStur
Established Contributor

Way to go, email EO and see if they will upgrade you to a Siggy. Also to get a Discover, I think your score needs to be about 50-60pts higher...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.