cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update -- CSP Finally Approved

tag
matopek

Update -- CSP Finally Approved

Just figured I'd share some updated info for people looking into the CSP (especially if you already own another chase card...).

I finally got approved for $5K on the CSP by computer (no recon), took a couple of tries though. I applied for it back a few months ago, and Chase replied with a denial stating they needed more time on an existing card, AAOA, etc.

After getting a huge 3X CLI from my amex card, I figured I'd try again a month and a half later. Denied again, but realized afterward that I jumped the gun because Amex didn't report the new limit on my card yet to TU, EX, EQ, etc.

So -- tried again today, and lo and behold, finally got approved, completing my collection with a good visa siggy. Time to age my accounts for sure...

Hope this information helps to anyone looking to apply for one of these (or probably any chase card) -> Pull all three reports and be sure you are good to go in terms of all CLs / accounts reporting correctly before sending an app in again.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Update -- CSP Finally Approved

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forums. Congrats on approval as well!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 4
tinom1234
New Contributor

Congrats!

EX 758 | EQ 721 | TU 768
Goal: 760+ across the board by May 2015
Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX $32.8K | Citi Thank You Preferred $7K | Discover It $8.2K | Chase $3K + a few store cards
Message 3 of 4
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@matopek wrote:

Just figured I'd share some updated info for people looking into the CSP (especially if you already own another chase card...).

I finally got approved for $5K on the CSP by computer (no recon), took a couple of tries though. I applied for it back a few months ago, and Chase replied with a denial stating they needed more time on an existing card, AAOA, etc.

After getting a huge 3X CLI from my amex card, I figured I'd try again a month and a half later. Denied again, but realized afterward that I jumped the gun because Amex didn't report the new limit on my card yet to TU, EX, EQ, etc.

So -- tried again today, and lo and behold, finally got approved, completing my collection with a good visa siggy. Time to age my accounts for sure...

Hope this information helps to anyone looking to apply for one of these (or probably any chase card) -> Pull all three reports and be sure you are good to go in terms of all CLs / accounts reporting correctly before sending an app in again.

CONGRATS! I definitely think that being an account holder with Chase helps you in the approval process. I mean in just 3 months I was able to get an approval for the Freedom, Southwest Airlines and the CSP and I think it has something to do with me having a Checking and Savings with them since January of this year.

I just got my CSP and I gotta tell you that its a handsome card and it looks official! You'll love it once it comes in the mail!

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.