Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victorias Secret Approved!

tag
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Victorias Secret Approved!

I've been reading and came across the Victoria Secret Cart Trick Pre-Approval with a soft pull... I haven't had a new credit card since 2010. I read some people get instant approval and some do not so I was hesitant with my low credit scores... instantly approved with a CL of $350! 

I am excited to get another positive TL on my reports! I am very frugal (hah, you wouldn't guess that with how much credit card debt I have/had) and won't buy most of the stuff in Victorias Secret due to prices so I know I won't be getting myself into trouble with this one! Smiley Happy

Here's to positive TLs!

Message 1 of 96
95 REPLIES 95
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Victorias Secret Approved!

That's great, Congrats! I also got the VS card last year with the shopping cart trick. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 96
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
That's great, Congrats! I also got the VS card last year with the shopping cart trick. Smiley Happy

My heart was racing as I clicked submit! I didn't think something like that could really work. Woohoo!

Message 3 of 96
erlafontaine
Valued Member

What's the "cart trick"?

Starting Score: Decem 2012 - 568 (EX) ?? (TU FICO) 464 (EQ FICO) 540 (TU) 511 (CREDIT KARMA) 549 (QUIZZLE) 608 (CREDIT SESAME)
Current Score: December 2013 - 633 (EX) 585 (TU FICO) 583 (EQ FICO) 611 (TU) 591 (CREDIT KARMA) 623 (QUIZZLE) 660 (CREDIT SESAME) 660 (CREDIT.COM)
Goal Score: 700 across the board - Hoping to buy a home by March 2014..All baddies removed except for one stubborn First Premier who refuses to take it off even though it's PIF! GRRR

In my wallet: Home Depot $500 | Buckle $250 | Express $500 | Loft $500 | VS $350

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 96
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Yeah I would like to know too

Message 5 of 96
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@erlafontaine wrote:

What's the "cart trick"?

What I did was go to www.VictoriasSecret.com and created an account. First, last name and address was all they ask. Then I picked a random item and proceeded to check out. Upon my check out, a pop-up came up saying I was pre-approved for their store card. Upon my readings and research, I've read that if it's a soft pull (someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) they will only ask for the last 4 of your SSN while applying. I applied, they asked me for my birthdate and the last 4 of my SSN and I was instantly approved. No need to actually purchase whatever is in your cart.

Somewhere in the threads, theres a whole list of stores that you can use this shopping cart trick for.

Message 6 of 96
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 96
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Pop up didn't work for me. My wife just beat me with a hot tortila and rubbed hot sauce in my eyes!!!!! Said I was a failure. 

Message 8 of 96
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Are you opted out?  Or have a freeze on your reports?  This will prevent those from popping up.

@DaBears wrote:

Pop up didn't work for me. My wife just beat me with a hot tortila and rubbed hot sauce in my eyes!!!!! Said I was a failure. 

And you liked it!!!   LMAO!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 96
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@SLR72689 wrote:

I've been reading and came across the Victoria Secret Cart Trick Pre-Approval with a soft pull... I haven't had a new credit card since 2010. I read some people get instant approval and some do not so I was hesitant with my low credit scores... instantly approved with a CL of $350! 

I am excited to get another positive TL on my reports! I am very frugal (hah, you wouldn't guess that with how much credit card debt I have/had) and won't buy most of the stuff in Victorias Secret due to prices so I know I won't be getting myself into trouble with this one! Smiley Happy

Here's to positive TLs!

It;s good at bath and body works too!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 10 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.