Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Black Card Approval

tag
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

Re: Visa Black Card Approval

I received the infamous Visa Black Card today - great packaging - it's own box, heavy card.  Unfortunately, as I assumed, it is not a Visa Signature card.  Also, Barclays switched from Priority Pass lounges to Lounge Club.  I'm pretty irritated because PP has more lounges; however, you cannot buy into Lounge Club.  I may just piggy back off of the CL to get a few others up there, but it doesn't seem to compare to my Chase Sapphire Preferred or the AA World Elite.  The only outstanding benefit is the 2/1 travels costs (i.e. 50K = 1,000 ticket).  That may in itself warrant keeping the card.  I added  a picture of the package.

I'll keep you updated.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 21
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Wow, nice packaging indeed.  How heavy is it? 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 12 of 21
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 13 of 21
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Looks nice! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 21
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

It actually has some serious weight to it. It's a soli piece of steel with carbon overlay on the back. The name and number are chrome and the VISA logo is laser etched. It doesn't look cheesy or anything. I probably would've opted against a plastic holder - hard cardboard like an Apple product would've worked better.

I'm going to Vegas for a week in March so I'll let you know if their concierge service is worth anything on VIP treatment or club access. They boast exclusive VIP access to the Wynn clubs - so I'll try it out and see if it's worth it. Maybe test out the airport pickup too.
Message 15 of 21
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@jeffrey_MBP wrote:
It actually has some serious weight to it. It's a soli piece of steel with carbon overlay on the back. The name and number are chrome and the VISA logo is laser etched. It doesn't look cheesy or anything. I probably would've opted against a plastic holder - hard cardboard like an Apple product would've worked better.

I'm going to Vegas for a week in March so I'll let you know if their concierge service is worth anything on VIP treatment or club access. They boast exclusive VIP access to the Wynn clubs - so I'll try it out and see if it's worth it. Maybe test out the airport pickup too.

Please do.  I'm a frequent Vegas visitor myself, perhaps I'll look into the card later on if its worth it.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 16 of 21
Thammer
New Contributor

Man that card is very tempting! I've got great history with Barclays too so I'm sure they'd say yes...

Message 17 of 21
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Any scores? Anyone please share.

Tempting Smiley Happy
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 18 of 21
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 19 of 21
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

My scores are in the low/mid-700s with a pretty good income.  However, I also have had a long relationship (closed accounts) with Barclays and never missed a payment.  

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.