Valued Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

Walt_K wrote:

cashnocredit wrote:

A solid gold credit card would weight 2 to 3 oz. and would be very vulnerable to deformation. It would take very little to put a bend in it since gold isn't "springy" and is especially notable for that. You bend it just a bit and it stays bent. It's also heavy and if you drop it it will dent. Permanently.

There is something very absurd about this story and I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

I wouldn't assume that because news outlets are reporting that it will be "pure" gold that they really mean it will be proof quality.  The card could be made of a gold alloy. 

Most likely gold spray paint from the nearest Lowe's or Home Depot...most likely purchased by the bank using their GE/Lowe's or Citi/HD credit cards... :smileytongue: 

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 2000CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

jsucool76 wrote:

Walt_K wrote:

cashnocredit wrote:

A solid gold credit card would weight 2 to 3 oz. and would be very vulnerable to deformation. It would take very little to put a bend in it since gold isn't "springy" and is especially notable for that. You bend it just a bit and it stays bent. It's also heavy and if you drop it it will dent. Permanently.

There is something very absurd about this story and I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

I wouldn't assume that because news outlets are reporting that it will be "pure" gold that they really mean it will be proof quality.  The card could be made of a gold alloy. 

Most likely gold spray paint from the nearest Lowe's or Home Depot...most likely purchased by the bank using their GE/Lowe's or Citi/HD credit cards... :smileytongue: 

No its real you have to understand the area it is issued in are how outlandish they make things out there... here is the link http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/01/visa-infinite-exclusive-card_n_2056535.html

ccpics2.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+