New Contributor
Sunshinebiz

Wal mart success!

Just a quick note to share with anybody who may find it helpful. My wal mart card doesn't post statements to my account online unless I have a balance or maybe pay the balance within a day or two of the statement cutting. This frustrated me because I thought it was the reason I was unable to obtain credit limit increases every four months because I didn't actually have four statements.

Well tonight I went online and pulled the trigger; was approved for a modest 150 dollar increase. This was a small victory as I was previously let down, but I wasn't satisfied. I immediately called credit solutions and asked for more, stating that I needed more buying power, wanted to take advantage of in store financing promotions, etc. I requested an increase of 1050 dollars, after a few minutes of being put on hold came back and was approved for the full requested amount!

Very satisfying experience and now a solid limit and a card that I may actually use more seriously. For those looking to grow with GE I just wanted to let you know that the reports are true and with patience and persistence they will certainly grow with you as purported.
Gardening spree went on hiatus but I think it paid off. Now back at it!
Building slowly but surely. Thank you to all members of this community for all the invaluable advice.
Latest that I know of: EX- 671, EQ- 653 TU- 648
Amex Green, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap1 Platinum, Cap1 Quicksilver, Credit One(closed!), WalMart, Amazon, DCU Platinum Visa, Jared Credit, Cap1 Spark business cash back, AMEX corporate Gold, Alliant CU Plat Visa, Suncoast FCU Plat Rewards Visa

Goals by end of January: Amex TE Costco, Amex BCE
Can it be done? It wasn't done by end of Jan, but it's still coming
Iwillgetthereeventually

Re: Wal mart success!

Congrats!

Keep up the good work.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Congrats GE cards can grow fast 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8000
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /
Valued Contributor
gdale6

Nice recon and congrats to you :smileyhappy:

EX Cred Ses 08/14: 767 ; EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775; EX Fico 08 07/14 778 ; EX Fico 08 BC 07/14: 800
EQ Fico 05/14 781 ; EQ MPM 07/14: 721
TU Fico 8 07/14: 719; TU MPM 06/14 706
Regular Contributor
whodatnation2

I suggest to call the backdoor number instead of doing the online process. I called in a few days ago and went from 2800 to 5000. I might have gotten more but I only asked for 5000.

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
-Wade-

Sunshinebiz wrote:
Just a quick note to share with anybody who may find it helpful. My wal mart card doesn't post statements to my account online unless I have a balance or maybe pay the balance within a day or two of the statement cutting. This frustrated me because I thought it was the reason I was unable to obtain credit limit increases every four months because I didn't actually have four statements.

Well tonight I went online and pulled the trigger; was approved for a modest 150 dollar increase. This was a small victory as I was previously let down, but I wasn't satisfied. I immediately called credit solutions and asked for more, stating that I needed more buying power, wanted to take advantage of in store financing promotions, etc. I requested an increase of 1050 dollars, after a few minutes of being put on hold came back and was approved for the full requested amount!

Very satisfying experience and now a solid limit and a card that I may actually use more seriously. For those looking to grow with GE I just wanted to let you know that the reports are true and with patience and persistence they will certainly grow with you as purported.

Congrats:smileyhappy: WTG

*** Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 808 (07/03/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 808 *** EX 804 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Frequent Contributor
Lechte

[ Edited ]

Congrats...good deal.   On a side note...I hate GE.  GE Refrigerators, GE Capital, GE Light bulbs...you name it.   GE = Glutton Ediots.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Senior Contributor
alvon123

congrats

Mouse cursor over cards to see limits
Established Contributor
efranklin23

Sunshinebiz wrote:

Congrats on the successful recon. That was a SP right?

$13.5K$7K6K$15K$5K1K
$5K

EQ-659 TU-676 EX-705 (as of 8-15-14)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+