Did you mean: 

Wally Discover Coming soon

tag
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wally Discover Coming soon

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

I can feel my Wally Discover card coming soon! I got an alert from EX and it has been reported on it. I went to Credit Karma to see if I can find out my limit (since they seem to use EX reports), and looks like my limit is $2,000. Not going to lie, I'm slightly disappointed, considering my store card limit is 3000. Smiley Mad

The exact same thing happened to me. I called spoke to a supervisor and explained to her that this was unacceptable being a consumer and how can you decrease my limit when you sent me a letter congratulating me on the upgrade. I told her im moving forward in life not backwards and that if they were going to decrease my limit i could have kept my regular walmart card. She explained there was nothing she can do then i politely said ok please give me walmart executive office number and email because i was going to take this matter up with higher authority she said there was no need to do that and that she will update my report with my regular limit which was 3500. Walmart have some nerve upgrades with a decrease it does not make sense to me.

Message 11 of 23
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me, my limit on the upgraded discover is 1k less than my original store card.  The poster above was right, it was because they go by the limit i had 3 months ago when their system flagged me for an upgrade, since then i got a cli.  I spoke to customer service and they told me that once i activate the discover version i should request a CLI to match what the store card had.

Im still hoping i wont have to do this and the system will wise up and update the credit line on the new card when i activate it.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, they DO have some nerve to "upgrade" us but cut our limits. I am definitely going to call before actually activating it and tell them I have it in hand and I want my CL to, at minimum, match what my store card limit is. I use my Wally card quite a bit and I AM someone who carries a balance, so this is completely unacceptable. I have been waiting and anticipating it, thinking it would have a higher limit, so this has definitely upset me.

Message 13 of 23
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

This is actually standard practice with Walmart card upgrades. They're upgrading you to Discover. It becomes a network card that can be used anywhere so they will typically grant a lower limit. Sure they give you a $3,500 CL to charge in Walmart but they don't expect you to use it (not sure what could be that high) Couple TVs maybe. To be totally honest, I think they would be generally concerned about how your spending habits would change after the upgrade to a network card. Just my two cents.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 23
distantarray
Established Contributor

^ this, that's why I encourage people to go for $5,000 credit lines with store backed GECRB cards like Victoria Secret because if you spend $5,000 worth of panties on a credit card you got some serious issues.... it just helps your credit/debt ratio. and yes you can get that much.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 23
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

^ this, that's why I encourage people to go for $5,000 credit lines with store backed GECRB cards like Victoria Secret because if you spend $5,000 worth of panties on a credit card you got some serious issues.... it just helps your credit/debt ratio. and yes you can get that much.

Get that much panties or get that much credit? Smiley Tongue

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 16 of 23
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

LOL

Message 17 of 23
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

This is actually standard practice with Walmart card upgrades. They're upgrading you to Discover. It becomes a network card that can be used anywhere so they will typically grant a lower limit. Sure they give you a $3,500 CL to charge in Walmart but they don't expect you to use it (not sure what could be that high) Couple TVs maybe. To be totally honest, I think they would be generally concerned about how your spending habits would change after the upgrade to a network card. Just my two cents.

I disagree with you being actually standard practice. Walmart sent out letters for a upgrade they should have disclosed in the letters decrease in cl. I am not buying that because it becomes a network card that it can be used anywhere. It has nothing to do with spending habits but all to do with DTI.  

Message 18 of 23
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@wallyworld123 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I disagree with you being actually standard practice. Walmart sent out letters for a upgrade they should have disclosed in the letters decrease in cl. I am not buying that because it becomes a network card that it can be used anywhere. It has nothing to do with spending habits but all to do with DTI.  

There are a lot of threads on this board of people reporting Walmart card upgrades and reporting a decreased credit line due to upgrade. Walmart doesn't disclose the decreased line in the upgrade letters--at least that I've seen--if anyone else has had a different experience? The disclosure is most likely in your card member agreement that you signed when you applied for the card.

Message 19 of 23
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

lol i dunno why but when i read that I played the song in my head "let the bodies hit the floor" but in my head went "let the panties hit the floor" lol

stupid joke of the day, you know your addicted to world of warcraft when your gf's panties are considered a rare drop =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.