Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI :(

tag
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart CLI :(

Walmart uses GEMB... CLI's are a soft pull.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 21
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

i probably wont even try for an increase on my card, only have it for utilization/fico purposes.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 12 of 21
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

@Steelersboy wrote:

i probably wont even try for an increase on my card, only have it for utilization/fico purposes.

If they're soft pulls everytime regardless of success/denial, then it can only help your utilization and improve your scores if you carry any balances at all.

It's nice to know so now I need to track the 4 month waiting time on my Walmart card so I can try to get it up to the credit limit level of my other cards.

Message 13 of 21
JWest
Regular Contributor

I don't think the responses are all accurate I've had the card since may but had my first statement cut in august and hit the luv button and was granted a increase

Message 14 of 21
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

credit soultions basically over-gos the cli theory. 

and it is soft pull 

iv went 800-3200-5000 in a 6 month period all soft pull all the cs. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 15 of 21
jojomomma
Regular Contributor

I hope it was a soft pull, that's really the only reason I hit it.  I kinda wish now they would not have given me 100 increase in the second month if I have to go 4 months from that point to request one  lol......I really wanted the increase to help with utilization and thought if they saw 2 people would be using it they would raise it, oh well......my utilization is good now, 1,800 combined balance on 11,000 available total credit.  Thanks for all the input everyone! Smiley Happy

11/2011 FICO .................TU 672 ...........EQ 654........... EX 649
03/2015 FICO; .. TU 710.... EQ 721 ....,,,,.EX 722

Cap1 6850, Discover 17,600, WM Discover 6000, Chase 2500, Citi Simplicity 2600, Citi Dbl Cash 2,600, Home Dpt 500, VS 1200
Message 16 of 21
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@iDShaDoW wrote:

@Steelersboy wrote:

If they're soft pulls everytime regardless of success/denial, then it can only help your utilization and improve your scores if you carry any balances at all.

It's nice to know so now I need to track the 4 month waiting time on my Walmart card so I can try to get it up to the credit limit level of my other cards

did u say......................soft pull? lol

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 17 of 21
richvl11
New Visitor

Approved for $700 cl with a 655 cs and a few inq's... hoping for an auto cli after 4 months!
Message 18 of 21
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Jojo... why don't you just call and see what they say? Worse is a no right?

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 19 of 21
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@iDShaDoW wrote:

@Steelersboy wrote:

It's nice to know so now I need to track the 4 month waiting time on my Walmart card so I can try to get it up to the credit limit level of my other cards.

It's 4 statements not months.  Credit solutions will tell you that you don't have enough experience at current credit limit if requested sooner than 4 statements cut.

ETA:  I should mention that it is YMMV as so many other factors goes into GECRB's approval/denial of CLIs.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.