Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Walmart Discover Approval!!!

CribDuchess wrote:

Well, so much for my bronze spade......  I decided to go ahead and apply for a Walmart credit card today since I wanted to purchase a Google Nexus 7 Tablet and get the $20 savings online.  I was looking at the tablet in a Walmart store this morning, but if you apply in store, they're not offering the $20 savings.

They approved me for the Walmart Discover card with a starting limit of $3,600.  They pulled TU.  I can't wait to start receiving my free TU Fico so I can cancel the MyFico TU quarterly monitoring.  I am tickled pink.  :smileyhappy:

Super Congrats and that is pretty huge initial line with GE BUT since we have been seeing so much recent success on here, I would call tomorrow into underwriting and ask that they match your average of $10-$12k lines.  It is SP and they will counter, if not give it to you!

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
CribDuchess

Creditaddict wrote:

CribDuchess wrote:

Well, so much for my bronze spade......  I decided to go ahead and apply for a Walmart credit card today since I wanted to purchase a Google Nexus 7 Tablet and get the $20 savings online.  I was looking at the tablet in a Walmart store this morning, but if you apply in store, they're not offering the $20 savings.

They approved me for the Walmart Discover card with a starting limit of $3,600.  They pulled TU.  I can't wait to start receiving my free TU Fico so I can cancel the MyFico TU quarterly monitoring.  I am tickled pink.  :smileyhappy:

Super Congrats and that is pretty huge initial line with GE BUT since we have been seeing so much recent success on here, I would call tomorrow into underwriting and ask that they match your average of $10-$12k lines.  It is SP and they will counter, if not give it to you!

Thank you!!  And, thank you for the tip - I think I will try that.  It certainly can't hurt to ask.  :smileywink: 

FICOs: TU08 841 6/3/14 per Wally; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 810 6/10/14; EX 805 6/12/14 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $15K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom MC $7.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $15.1K; Discover IT $22.5K; Fidelity Amex $15K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $12.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $20K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Valued Contributor
Epcot

Congrats on the approval and nice starting CL!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13
Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

Awwwwwww Congratulations tickled pink yes i would be too. Yes call underwriting for a higher limit.

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

nice job!
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+