Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart approved.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart approved.

I have not ever applied for Walmart as I really didn't need it. I thought about a new desk for the office. So I thought I would try the shopping cart trick as I have never tried it just wanted to see how that would work. So I applied towards the end and approved for 1500 instantly. I didn't end up buying anything as I want to wait and shop around. Scores are all in the 680's. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart approved.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice... congrats!
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  Let me tell you a story about WalMart.  I didn't have a credit card for 13 years and had never checked my credit score before.  I used a WalMart prepaid Visa for about 3 years for online purchases, especially for foreign monthly fees on music websites.  I applied for my first real credit card and was approved.  I thought, now why do I need this prepaid card any longer?  My Mastercard was declined for foreign purchases and left me feeling like I should have kept paying that $3 a month fee and $3 per load on the prepaid card.  I go to WalMart to reopen my old account and they now make you type in your address, phone number and all into a credit card terminal.  I hit the wrong button and sent $25 as my annual income.  I was denied a WalMart Prepaid Visa.  **bleep**?  I felt like an idiot with 10 other people waiting in line.  Come to find out WalMart had switched companies who do their financing.  This was a prepaid card so why did they care if I have to have cash loaded before I can use their card?  Apparently, some people use it once and stop using it and the $3 a month charge piles up on the card.  I went to CVS and got an American Express Serve card.  It costs nothing to load money onto and it's only $1 a month.  Still, it would not allow me to make foreign transactions.  I now have 5 major credit cards after seing how high my credit score went after no activity for 13 years.  Good luck with your WalMart card.  I don't know if they'll be there for you when you need them though.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait. There's a Walmart shopping cart trick?
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 16
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wait. There's a Walmart shopping cart trick?

I am amazed as well. It did not work for me that way as well. When I accepted the offer it asked me full SSN, and I thought, it will be HP, so I stopped there only.

Message 7 of 16
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 16
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS!!!
Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only way I heard about it was through reading another post on the boards here. I didn't know it either. Maybe it wasn't. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.