cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was Denied, then tried again and was Approved?!

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Was Denied, then tried again and was Approved?!

hey as long as your happy that it cost you 6 HP's for a 500cl card 

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 20
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@heytherehitherehothere wrote:

and I had just read a new thread on here about making sure to app all in one day so the CRA's see it all as one inquiry or something.

This is def not true.  The only time it should count as one inquiry is if its a dealer running your credit for an auto loan a million times for an approval

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 20
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

and I had just read a new thread on here about making sure to app all in one day so the CRA's see it all as one inquiry or something.

This is def not true.  The only time it should count as one inquiry is if its a dealer running your credit for an auto loan a million times for an approval

+1. It is also possible that sometimes people get away with it when joining a Credit Union(Some will use the same pull for membership to check for credit products)  or on rare occasions some slip through the cracks with Amex, Chase, etc. 

Message 13 of 20
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Went for a Cap1 Platinum MC pre-approved offer I had. I actually received one a week ago and another two-three weeks ago.

I went to apply and put in the most current one's reservation # and access code.

Filled out all the application info.

Name, address, email, phone, social, income, monthly rent amount, employment status,

if I had any checking or savings accounts.

This was around 2:30 PM today.

Submitted and received we could not approve you at this time. You will be receiving information in the mail at the

address provided.

It also said, "you may not be able to apply for a Capital One credit card for the next 45 days after arrival of letter,

which will arrive in 7-10 days."

I went to work, and afterwards grabbed the mail...had the SAME offer that I just got denied for in the box.

I thought to myself, well they didn't say I COULDN'T apply again, just that I may not be able to,

Re-applied, used the new pre-approved reservation and access #'s, same exact app info as I had previously inputted today.

Approved. $500 limit, which was what I was expecting, considering this customized offer, but the regular card has a minimum $300 limit.

Does anyone know if I could get in trouble for this? Is this one of those things that just happen?

Strange o.O maybe they saw something more about you on the second mailer that helped bump you compared to the first mailer when compared with your current report? Either way, at least it worked out!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

End result = congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 20

So if its only Cap1 that pulls from all 3 CBs,
should I maybe not have gone with the pre-approval, but possibly the Cash rewards or Venture since minimum limit is 3k for those cards?
I don't feel like it will harm my scores with 6 inquiries, but I am wondering about this Cap1 Furniture Row card Im acquiring as an AU. Will they have an issue with that?
Message 16 of 20
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

lol this is actually something new. An approval is very good so congrats anyway!!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 17 of 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Grab a seedling and put it in the garden for 6 months.  Let this grow a bit.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 18 of 20
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

So if its only Cap1 that pulls from all 3 CBs,
should I maybe not have gone with the pre-approval, but possibly the Cash rewards or Venture since minimum limit is 3k for those cards?
I don't feel like it will harm my scores with 6 inquiries, but I am wondering about this Cap1 Furniture Row card Im acquiring as an AU. Will they have an issue with that?

It's impossible to say without knowing more of your current credit standing. At this point it seems unlikley with 6 inquiries and all from Capital One (that would spook them) Also they probably won't have an issue with the authorized user card. If you want help with your credit path post a bit more info like Age of accounts, Limits, Utilization, negatives, etc. Without that info I would say garden the new card. 

Message 19 of 20
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@jnkp2001 wrote:

What IS a normal amount of hard inquiries to have on any report in a 12 month timeframe?

What is considered a BAD amount?

EQ inquiries- 2 as of today. One hitting the two year mark at beginning of Feb '13.

TU(myfico) inquiries- I think 2 or 3 with two a little over their year marks.

What would be the reason for Cap1 to deny...then a couple hours later, approve? Anyone?

I have 14 in one year and have an F on creditkarma.......Smiley LOL

well i hope you have an a then (with 20+ accounts open)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.