Wells Fargo Propel World American Express

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel World American Express

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

This card is definitely on my radar, but it seems like I won't be eligible as I don't have any banking relationship w/ Wells Fargo, unless I app for it at the branch...Any other routes?

It looks like some people have gotten it without a relationship, but others were denied with no banking relationship as a reason. You could always open a checking account with a bonus and app for the card at the same time. That extra $100 or so for checking could be worth it.

Thanks!  Assuming opening checking account + apping for the card = 2HPs? I would jump on it if it's only 1HP

Not sure if it is or not with Wells Fargo... I've only ever had a HP for checking with credit unions. It'd be worth at least looking in to it.

Message 21 of 53
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Yude there is no HP for opening a checking account with Wells Fargo I just opened one after closing my checking acct about 2 years ago. They also what you could call backdated my member since to 2009 when I opened my very first checking acct that I had closed. Wells Fargo is a great bank I currently have the Way2Save Checking acct and have the monthly fee waived by using my debit card 10 times a month, which is not a problem since all bills are deducted from this account. Go for it Yude!!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 22 of 53
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Exonumist congrats on the card!! APR should look as great as the limit no doubt keep us updated!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 23 of 53
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Exonumist congrats on the card!! APR should look as great as the limit no doubt keep us updated!

Thanks! Like I said I'm almost hoping it is higher then the best. I really want a recent EX score. The card has 12 months with 0% interest as well. Which is nice to have to fall back on if I do want to carry a balance for a couple months.

Message 24 of 53
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

WF is very YMMV about approving cards without banking relationship. I went for it without and it took about 4 days of requesting drivers license, SS#, utility bill. It was approved for $8k. I won't be opening a checking acct unless there's a bonus Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 53
Exonumist
Established Contributor

That's a lot of work for a credit card... Even with a banking relationship it was the longest app I've filled out yet. They ask a lot more questions and in more detail then other banks.

Message 26 of 53
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah it was. I think they're still old school and most of their cards are just average. Keybank was even worse and did a full scale FR before deciding to approve or deny.

But for WF, it was worth it for $400.
Message 27 of 53
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Definitely worth it. Did you try to get gift cards with the airline reimbursement? I'd love another $100 of Alaska gift certificates.

Message 28 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 29 of 53
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.