cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you get bored at work.....you get 2 new cards.

tag
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

When you get bored at work.....you get 2 new cards.

I was running some PeopleSoft processes and they take about 15 mins each and got bored and was looking online and decided to try Citi Doube Cash and Chase Freedom. After this month of CLIs and new credit I am going on a 2 year hiatus to let everything age and drop off. 

I have burned both Citi and Chase in the back and have been on a short leash with one card each for $5k. I decided to try to see if my leash would get longer and I got the Citi Double Cash for $5500 and the Chase Freedom for $5500. Feels good that Chase trusts me again. They are the best bank and have the best cards in my opinion. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

Re: When you get bored at work.....you get 2 new cards.

Congratulations on saving that bridge!

i like your portfolio of serious looking cards, in that their all grayish and darkish (is that a Centurion?).  These two new cards will probably bring some color to the mix. 

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 2 of 17
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Yeah I tend to only app for the dark colored cards. The double cash will be my card I use at the office for coffee and crap and my Freeedom will be my 5% rotator + the $200 sign up bonus is good too. 

And yeah, it's a Centurion. But not for long. I'm just an AU and my father isn't re-upping our membership. It will be gone here soon (at least the usability, the card I'm keeping lol).

Message 3 of 17
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Yeah I tend to only app for the dark colored cards. The double cash will be my card I use at the office for coffee and crap and my Freeedom will be my 5% rotator + the $200 sign up bonus is good too. 

And yeah, it's a Centurion. But not for long. I'm just an AU and my father isn't re-upping our membership. It will be gone here soon (at least the usability, the card I'm keeping lol).

^^^^^^^

What's the reason for not renewing Centurion, I do hear the value is not there compared to PLat, but what specifically is your father dissatisfied with? Insights are helpful, thanks

Message 4 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 17
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Really cool! Congrats.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 17
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

The value is there. But he is retiring at the end of the year and doesn't need the card during retired life. I thought about just paying the AF but I'd rather not. 

Message 7 of 17
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

The value is there. But he is retiring at the end of the year and doesn't need the card during retired life. I thought about just paying the AF but I'd rather not. 

^^^

Thanks for the response. Yes, that makes financial sense for him. Good for him, I wish him a great retirement. (that AF pill for Centurion is hard to swallow)

Message 8 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks for sharing. Congrats!

Message 9 of 17
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!!

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.