cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife just got a random CLI on her Cap1 card?!?

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Wife just got a random CLI on her Cap1 card?!?

She got an email yesterday stating..."Congrats!! For being such a great customer we're giving you a credit limit increase of $1000. Bringing your new limit to $3000"

She never asked for one, and has only had the card for around 5-6 months (maybe). She was not in the credit steps program either so I guess she's just one of the lucky ones. I've had one card that's been stuck at $750 for nearly 2yrs and another at $1000 but its only ~3mths old. Guess they just like her more.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wife just got a random CLI on her Cap1 card?!?

Welcome to the world of Capital One....there is no method to their madness. Search "capital one executive office" many have had succes with them in regards to a cli.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 2 of 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Wow! Pure madness! Mines is supposed to increase to $2500 by 7th statement. I have had mines for 5 months. Congrats to her!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 5
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

That's because she wasn't in the 'Credit STEP' program!  Most of their subprime cards never get increases beyond that without a call to their executive office.  I had 2 cards with them and closed one after being opened for two years.  I asked that they waive the annual fee and they said no.  I asked they give me a credit limit increase and they said no.  I said no to wanting the card.  With the other card I waited until near the 2 year mark and asked for them to remove the AF.  They waived it, actually they waived it beforehand twice and after it posted once.  I made certain that I worded it as I was not looking for a waival but a removal and they could do whatever they thought they should do, knowing it had already been waived.  I was careful to make sure they knew they were doing what they wanted to do not what I was requesting.  I was counting on their foolishness!  I then filed with the BBB and contacted their corp office.

It was only after this they were able to remove the AF and raise the credit limit from $500 to $2000.  I checked online afterward and requested a CLI to see what the response was.  It was the same automated response which indicates that some accounts are classified to generate an automated response.  There was no indication that because I was recently given a CLI and because of that I was not eligible.  So you see this means the account is labled as not being able to get CLI's and the computer simply rejects it based on this coding to the account!

I hope this helps a little.  Call the exec office and deal directly with them.  Do this after you get the last AF waived!  Or if you word it right and call them a few times then you too could benefit from their own mistakes!  I didn't want this, but I wasn't going to point it out to them after the way they have treated me in the past!  Now that they have removed the AF I can't even benefit from their mistakes in the future.  Smiley Sad

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 5
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

That's because she wasn't in the 'Credit STEP' program!  Most of their subprime cards never get increases beyond that without a call to their executive office.  I had 2 cards with them and closed one after being opened for two years.  I asked that they waive the annual fee and they said no.  I asked they give me a credit limit increase and they said no.  I said no to wanting the card.  With the other card I waited until near the 2 year mark and asked for them to remove the AF.  They waived it, actually they waived it beforehand twice and after it posted once.  I made certain that I worded it as I was not looking for a waival but a removal and they could do whatever they thought they should do, knowing it had already been waived.  I was careful to make sure they knew they were doing what they wanted to do not what I was requesting.  I was counting on their foolishness!  I then filed with the BBB and contacted their corp office.

It was only after this they were able to remove the AF and raise the credit limit from $500 to $2000.  I checked online afterward and requested a CLI to see what the response was.  It was the same automated response which indicates that some accounts are classified to generate an automated response.  There was no indication that because I was recently given a CLI and because of that I was not eligible.  So you see this means the account is labled as not being able to get CLI's and the computer simply rejects it based on this coding to the account!

I hope this helps a little.  Call the exec office and deal directly with them.  Do this after you get the last AF waived!  Or if you word it right and call them a few times then you too could benefit from their own mistakes!  I didn't want this, but I wasn't going to point it out to them after the way they have treated me in the past!  Now that they have removed the AF I can't even benefit from their mistakes in the future.  Smiley Sad

i guess that could be the case, but I have their Jimmy Fallon cash rewards card and i'm not in the credit steps program and no CLI for me yet. Maybe soon....maybe soon. However my other card was in the steps program and after the initial $250 increase it has been dead since. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.